Joyo Orange Juice, cheap amp sims

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Freethenoise

Joyo Orange Juice, cheap amp sims

Post by Freethenoise »

Picked this up the other day. I haven't played through an Orange amp in years, but from what I recall, it's got the dark, heavy quality that they're known for.

Some direct-to-interface clips coming in a few days.

[youtube][/youtube]
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Sounds pretty good. I've got some of the other (larger box) Joyo amp sims and they are great for recording. They're the Tech 21 clone ones.

Would be interested in hearing the DI clips.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Freethenoise

Post by Freethenoise »

BearBoy wrote:Sounds pretty good. I've got some of the other (larger box) Joyo amp sims and they are great for recording. They're the Tech 21 clone ones.

Would be interested in hearing the DI clips.
I have to say, based off the raw sound files that I have from filming the demo clips of the direct into the DI, the big box Joyo amp sims sound better to my ears than this new Ironman series does. Something about the Orange Juice just (incoming wanky guitarist bullshit) sounds more like a sim than an amp.

The Joyo AC Tone I have is fantastic.

Orange juice DI clips will be up on Monday.
Freethenoise

Post by Freethenoise »

Here are the direct to interface clips.

It sounds weighty, and not quite lively enough for something I'd use. I don't like it as much as the big box Joyo's I've tried. I keep my ACtone in one of my guitar cases in case something happens to my amp before a show.

[youtube][/youtube]
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I like the sounds you got at the beginning of the first video the most, but it sounded good direct too.

Is it more like an overdrive, or does it get really heavy? It sounds heavy, but sometimes it's hard to tell from demos.

I think they kind of picked a silly name for this, I would have expected it to be a compressor if I didn't look carefully.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Freethenoise

Post by Freethenoise »

Fakir Mustache wrote:I like the sounds you got at the beginning of the first video the most, but it sounded good direct too.

Is it more like an overdrive, or does it get really heavy? It sounds heavy, but sometimes it's hard to tell from demos.

I think they kind of picked a silly name for this, I would have expected it to be a compressor if I didn't look carefully.
After the Orange Squeezer compressor?

It doesn't really get towards like, metal levels of gain. It sounds good as a thick overdrive through an amp. I don't necessarily think it sounds bad direct in, I just think there are some much better alternatives in the price range.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Don't forget ModTone's Lemon Squeeze compressor, a nod to Led Zeppelin?
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

Don't squeeze too hard, or you'll fall right outta bed
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
plaidbeer

Post by plaidbeer »

Are these amp sims ok to use right before a combo amp? I just wanted to try the AC Tone and/or American sound with my Pathfinder or Mustang amp. I had a Tech 21 Liverpool several years ago and didn't really know what I was doing so I tried to use it as a straight dirt pedal and it made my signal incredibly noisy.
Freethenoise

Post by Freethenoise »

plaidbeer wrote:Are these amp sims ok to use right before a combo amp? I just wanted to try the AC Tone and/or American sound with my Pathfinder or Mustang amp. I had a Tech 21 Liverpool several years ago and didn't really know what I was doing so I tried to use it as a straight dirt pedal and it made my signal incredibly noisy.
In the first clip I'm using the Orange Juice directly into my EB Fullerton combo.