thump

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

kim
[='±'=]

thump

Post by kim »

any of yooz know of a bass-forum similar to this one but then regarding everything bass...?

-not a huge ass impersonal smartass forum*cough*FDP*cough*
-not a gearsnob but geargeek one.
-one where bc rich, modern ibanezzezz, pedulla's, ESP etcetcetc.. well you get the point..one where ugly basses are not mentioned.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

What are we? chopped liver?
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

eh ?

i hope you're not taking it the wrong way ... i like this forum..it's great for shortscale and geetar fx matters.. hell, some of the people here play guitar/bass/drums/keys and whatnot so they prolly post in several forums too for different matters..i'm just trying to find a nice bass forum where i can read some interesting stuff about old/new gear, stores, tips and things like that.
cheers.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

This is my home but...

I found these...

www.talkbass.com/forum
www.uglybassplayer.com
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

i'm not too lazy for google (really !), those are well known forums indeed..but so huuuge..no one really knows who's who and all the fucking sections wtf, there's always the bass section on the rickenbacker forum too..but they're so ric obsessed..haha... i give up. 8)
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

you and me can form our own message board, heavium. but all i really play is bass...i hack around on a guitar from time to time...but all i really care about is the four string mistress.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

How abuot you just post in the Other guitars forum innit.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

St. Jimmy wrote:you and me can form our own message board, heavium. but all i really play is bass...i hack around on a guitar from time to time...but all i really care about is the four string mistress.
you should do this.
RichieDagger
Child Despised

Post by RichieDagger »

More Cowbell wrote:
St. Jimmy wrote:you and me can form our own message board, heavium. but all i really play is bass...i hack around on a guitar from time to time...but all i really care about is the four string mistress.
you should do this.
St Jimmy for admin?!
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

I am not being a dick here--which basses are the ugly ones? The modern Ibanez, etc? I thought Pedullas were the shit. I like Fenders of course, although if I were playing, I might try an upright, archtop, or something with BIG FAT FUCKING HBs. Some of the only bass players that have ever made me stand bolt upright--because of a distinctive style--played for the Stranglers, the Attractions, Violent Femmes, and Mike Watt. The Stanglers had the most distorted bass mixed way up into the songs. Oh hell yeah.

I sold my Jazz bass this year. I had wanted to learn it because I feel that different instruments speak to us in their own way. I mean, they do have different voices and parts within the context of making music, right? I also find that playing a new instrument gets me out of ruts and expands my repertoire. Uh, but who has time for all that? I will have to stick to guitar and mandolin since I already know them.

I hope you find what you're after. I am only on this and Reranch. I started there because of all the refinishing info. I have learned so fucking much this year. Teh intranetz is a marvel.
Yell Like Hell
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

More Cowbell wrote:
you should do this.
no wayz0rz. too lazyz0rz.