MF Stupid Deal - World's Ugliest Jag for $300, and now $250

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

mkt3000

MF Stupid Deal - World's Ugliest Jag for $300, and now $250

Post by mkt3000 »

Last edited by mkt3000 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
George

Post by George »

they're right, that is a stupid deal
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

presumably nobody's buying them.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

The Strat jack kinda ruins the overall look. It's like the guitar can't decide if it's a Jaguar or a Toronado or a Strat.

I think they were going for this vibe but stopped short. They should have just reissued these Toronados.

I want this one.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

the neck is decent enough. i guess for three hundered you could part out the body and parts, keep the neck and you may get 200 or so for the body and hardware
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I had a go with one and at the side of the Marauder it was awful. The sound was the biggest disappointment, P90's/mahogany usually works well together, even on budget guitars but it didn't with this Jaguar. Didn't feel too good to play either.
Peter Bond

Post by Peter Bond »

They are ugly as sin like. That Jack placement just looks terrible.
AaronGuitarDude

Post by AaronGuitarDude »

unless it is 12" radius, i'd buy it
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

taylornutt wrote:The Strat jack kinda ruins the overall look. It's like the guitar can't decide if it's a Jaguar or a Toronado or a Strat.

I think they were going for this vibe but stopped short. They should have just reissued these Toronados.

I want this one.
Agreed.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

EHHHHHHHH... NO. 10 years ago, maybe but given the existence of the VM offsets... LOLNO!
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
robert(original)

the bridge on those toronados are really nice looking, i thought they had the standard TOM for the u.s. versions(thats what those are right?)
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

It's only the strat jack that fails the looks for me, otherwise I like it. I trust Fran's opinion on playbility though so do not want
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
robert(original)

i saw one of those used jags on GC website for about 249.99 and thought about getting it for the neck alone, if i remember right it was a burst body. i think with a guard(to cover up the strat jack) and a bigsby or some such trem upgrade they could be usable, but i have never had first hand interaction with one. i mean, i have seen one first hand in a store, but nothing about it was appealing enough for me to want to try it out.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Dave wrote:I trust Fran's opinion on playbility though so do not want
The one I tried may have been a duffer and it wasn't exactly set up well to be fair, but it was truly awful.
61fury

Post by 61fury »

This from a thread on TDPRI. The guy put 2 mini pots in the Strat Jack hole. No other major mods. Maybe a blank Jag control plate would do it here. And a pickguard, maybe wouldn't be so bad

Last edited by 61fury on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumpy Waters

Post by Lumpy Waters »

This guitar is kind of like Fender's response to a Gibson SG Special. I thought about buying one of these and putting a Bigsby vibrato on it. I think it would be pretty cool with a Bigsby. Maybe they'd sell better if Fender put a Bigsby on them. I never pulled the trigger on it because I already have a cherry Gibson SG with a Bigsby.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

You could make a little scratchplate, maybe not exactly like the one on the Toronado but something like that.

The Strat jack plate hate is just stupid. I can understand someone not liking Strat pickups, Strat wiring, tailpiece, etc., but the jack plate? It's way better than the one on the Toronado because it doesn't push towards the floor when you are sitting on the floor. Or just get a black one if you don't like that it's chrome.

You guys hate it so much, here is what your version of hell looks like:
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

Yeah, it's a shame about the strat jack plate and lack of pickguard...those are the two things that make it look 'off' to me.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if it sounds and feels fine to play in comparison with the price. I wonder how hard it would actually be to fit a pickguard and relocate the jack?
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

It's back!

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
Casual_Reader

Post by Casual_Reader »

robert(original) wrote:the bridge on those toronados are really nice looking, i thought they had the standard TOM for the u.s. versions(thats what those are right?)
http://angela.com/fenderbridgetech-toni ... sonic.aspx

they don't hold up, though. google it for the complaints.