NGD...I Love Squiers Me!...

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

JohnnyTheBoy

NGD...I Love Squiers Me!...

Post by JohnnyTheBoy »

Got me another Squier to add to the collection...eBay came good again for £120...
Which I think is cheap enough for what it is...and tbh I love it...although its 24.75" it feels
just like my jagmaster neck...I'm not sure, but I think the pickups have been swapped out,
and it's got a mustang shaped pickguard...
Anyway, it sounds nice, and I dig the colour a lot!....
Squier seem to be doin everything right!...happy days....
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Nice one! Cant go wrong at £120. Squier fookin rulez at the moment!!
rps-10

Post by rps-10 »

Got to set myself up an ebay search for one of these things. TBH I think I'd prefer them over a Mustang.

Nice score!
JohnnyTheBoy

Post by JohnnyTheBoy »

Fran wrote:Nice one! Cant go wrong at £120. Squier fookin rulez at the moment!!
Cheers Fran..I almost bought a mex cyclone back in the day(1999), but bought a mex nashville Tele instead...
Wished I hadn't! I hardly played it cause I couldn't get on with the scale...

This squier version feels better than my SG copy I built out of parts, as the neck is a lot thinner...
JohnnyTheBoy

Post by JohnnyTheBoy »

rps-10 wrote:Got to set myself up an ebay search for one of these things. TBH I think I'd prefer them over a Mustang.

Nice score!
That's what I did!..you can use both spellings (squier squire) too as people often miss-spell it..and it'll find em...
Mine was used In what looked like a home studio, so hasn't been abused or anything...not sure how difficult they are
to get hold of over here, but they seem rediculously cheap stateside!...
luciguci

Re: NGD...I Love Squiers Me!...

Post by luciguci »

JohnnyTheBoy wrote:Got me another Squier to add to the collection...eBay came good again for £120...
Which I think is cheap enough for what it is...and tbh I love it...although its 24.75" it feels
just like my jagmaster neck...I'm not sure, but I think the pickups have been swapped out,
and it's got a mustang shaped pickguard...
Anyway, it sounds nice, and I dig the colour a lot!....
Squier seem to be doin everything right!...happy days....
That pick guard… do you mind removing that pickguard and tracing it and posting it up as a template? I've been trying to make one for my own Cyclone and failing miserably.
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
JohnnyTheBoy

Post by JohnnyTheBoy »

Ordinarily I would just whip it off and trace it for u, but I've just set it up :$
When I receive the original in the post ill trace that, modify the pic to mustang then post it for u...
John....
sdgails

Post by sdgails »

JohnnyTheBoy wrote:
rps-10 wrote:Got to set myself up an ebay search for one of these things. TBH I think I'd prefer them over a Mustang.

Nice score!
That's what I did!..you can use both spellings (squier squire) too as people often miss-spell it..and it'll find em...
Mine was used In what looked like a home studio, so hasn't been abused or anything...not sure how difficult they are

shhhhhhhhhhhh!
JohnnyTheBoy

Post by JohnnyTheBoy »

Dang!..me n my big mouth.... :P
It's getting like Prohibition over here!...maybe one of youse guys needs to start a Squier Racketeering business
up, and help us across the pond??...
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

JohnnyTheBoy wrote:

Nice score!
You can buy the new Squiers for $180 right now, or store returns in excellent condition for $160. I had mine listed here and ended up selling it for $150 locally.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
JohnnyTheBoy

Post by JohnnyTheBoy »

mkt3000 wrote:
JohnnyTheBoy wrote:

Nice score!
You can buy the new Squiers for $180 right now, or store returns in excellent condition for $160. I had mine listed here and ended up selling it for $150 locally.
Holy crap! $150 is like £97 of our English quids!!
Someone seriously needs to start a Shortscale import/export business!...and I thought mine was cheap at £120!!!
Oh how the other half live eh!! Haha....
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

JohnnyTheBoy wrote:
mkt3000 wrote:
JohnnyTheBoy wrote: That's what I did!..you can use both spellings (squier squire) too as people often miss-spell it..and it'll find em...
Holy crap! $150 is like £97 of our English quids!!
Someone seriously needs to start a Shortscale import/export business!...and I thought mine was cheap at £120!!!
Oh how the other half live eh!! Haha....
I would've gladly shipped it across the pond. I'm willing to help out my English friends in return for pints when I find myself in blighty. Even the Scottish friends in return for whisky.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
JohnnyTheBoy

Post by JohnnyTheBoy »

That's very sporting of you old chap!! Shall seriously consider your kind offer in future!..
I had thought of buying Aen's musicmaster and getting it shipped over, but the cheapest quote for shipping I got was £100!!
And then I would've paid customs import tax on it...way too many pennies in the end for me :'(
MattK

Post by MattK »

JohnnyTheBoy wrote:I had thought of buying Aen's musicmaster and getting it shipped over, but the cheapest quote for shipping I got was £100!!
I for one am glad you didn't ...
and it went across the other ocean!
JohnnyTheBoy

Post by JohnnyTheBoy »

MatthewK wrote:
JohnnyTheBoy wrote:I had thought of buying Aen's musicmaster and getting it shipped over, but the cheapest quote for shipping I got was £100!!
I for one am glad you didn't ...
and it went across the other ocean!
Awwww u lucky bugger! But I'm glad it went to a good home over in Oz...welldone!
MattK

Post by MattK »

Well it cost twice as much with half as many pickups - and very similar otherwise. The neck is like a tree trunk but I like that!
JohnnyTheBoy

Post by JohnnyTheBoy »

Well I've gotta say its fab! Used it in practice lastnite, and love it...this might be my new go-to guitar!..
The tuners held up for about 8 songs, so which wasn't too bad, so i might consider a set of something a little better quality....
But everything else I'm really chuffed with....pickups especially!....neck pu is exceptionally bright, and bridge humbucker really cuts thru!
61fury

Post by 61fury »

Why can I buy crap from China, 10,000 miles away, and pay nothing for shipping? Can your declare an object as free or a gift? What's the cheapest way to get someting to the UK?
Rox

Post by Rox »

61fury wrote:Why can I buy crap from China, 10,000 miles away, and pay nothing for shipping? Can your declare an object as free or a gift? What's the cheapest way to get someting to the UK?
I can answer that ... You're paying a load for the shipping it's just that it costs them peanuts to make that " crap " and in VERY high numbers so they can sell it to blokes like us all over the place .. Cuz we love buying cheap guitars made from children slave labor and sprayed with lead paint .. :wink:
JohnnyTheBoy

Post by JohnnyTheBoy »

61fury wrote:Why can I buy crap from China, 10,000 miles away, and pay nothing for shipping? Can your declare an object as free or a gift? What's the cheapest way to get someting to the UK?
Yeh this is this a UK problem alright..I bought a watch which cost me £28 including shipping from the US, then when I got it back in Blighty, I had to pay another £20 for custom handling bollox...
If its classed as a private sale, they can always label the package as "a gift" for you, then you don't pay the customs fee as far as I'm aware....although they're probably getting wise to what's what with guitars etc....

On the flip side, I've received an email from the eBay seller, stating the pickups were changed out for something hotter when the guard was swapped!...I think ill have to check em out :wink: