Cindi's gonna keeel me.

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Cindi's gonna keeel me.

Post by ultratwin »

I can't believe I'm finally joining the bona fide shortscale players' club.

Just put a deposit on a used (Q-series) CIJ Jaguar. From a limited run from what I can tell: Sonic Blue, matching headstock, straight neck, near mint condition despite missing grub screw and trem arm for a tad over $600 (JG66-85s go for over $900 new here). Self-justified by a recent bulk English voice-over job, I don't want Cindi to just yet see the thing...At least until I sell a few more pedals in her presence. :?

Pics coming in less than 24 hrs.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Excite!

Good for man, it does sound like you have some justification, and I'm sure the matching Sonic Blue Cuffs 'n' Collar will melt Cindi's heart either way.
light rail coyote

Post by light rail coyote »

ahaha, the plight of the married man.. how do I hide/explain the need for my new toy and escape the wrath.
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

Hide it and await the wrath. It cometh to all mankind.
Yell Like Hell
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

light rail coyote wrote:ahaha, the plight of the married man.. how do I hide/explain the need for my new toy and escape the wrath.
haha Roach and me totally have plans to have a GUITAR room if we ever got a howse. LUCKEEEEE.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

whatever wrath you might face, it's totally worth it for a blue jaguar.
boyecho

Post by boyecho »

bubbles_horwitz wrote:whatever wrath you might face, it's totally worth it for a blue jaguar.
i would go without sex, having to sleep on the couch, missing out on dinner for a month for a sonic blue jag with matching headstock.
markocaster

Post by markocaster »

sweet i want one
filtercap

Re: Cindi's gonna keeel me.

Post by filtercap »

ultratwin wrote:I can't believe I'm finally joining the bona fide shortscale players' club.

Just put a deposit on a used (Q-series) CIJ Jaguar. From a limited run from what I can tell: Sonic Blue, matching headstock, straight neck, near mint condition despite missing grub screw and trem arm for a tad over $600 (JG66-85s go for over $900 new here). Self-justified by a recent bulk English voice-over job, I don't want Cindi to just yet see the thing...At least until I sell a few more pedals in her presence. :?
25.5" subversion, 24" version. I am jello of you. If I was to get my life slain out of me for a Fender, it would have to be a Jaguar.

Still, I'd lay things out in the open as soon as possible. Maybe hold a Shortscale Save-Ultra's-Bacon Sale on some pedlees?
astro

Post by astro »

Please take and post pics of the Jag before she smashes it in a fit of rage!
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Tanks gents (and lady via Sublimedo in proxy intentions). Never thought I'd get such a plethora of responses on this one.

It's gonna be a tricky one for me, she's bound to not go out this evening when I return with the heavenly blue wonder after paying the difference and taking it away, following one of my celebrity English tutor sessions while romping in Seoul for the day. Filtercap is right, I can't be 100% subversive any more!

If I must, I'll have to resort to precarious photography on the roof to keep the photo promise, but it's gonna happen for the team nonetheless. The ol' deficient sex syndrome has fortunately never happened in our house as a result of sudden chunky purchases by either party, it just seems to get stored up for another day to squirm one her toward justifying something else down the road, but she's never pushy. I guess I'm cool with that, gives me time to brace myself just in case.

As for a pedal sale, I'd soooo do that if shipping from this country wasn't such a beach. Decided to let go of the(script logo) Blue Box, Zoom UF-01, and Digitech Bass Synth first, despite love for the former two...And I've also a set of GFS staggered '64s and Texas Specials from the Strat, there seems to be lots to dump. There might be a way.
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

Sounds dead sexy mate. i'm lucky in that my wife trusts that any expenditures i make will be made with the idea that we can afford it. it keeps me from catching shit.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

:!:
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Aight lads, here come the pics.

I saw it sitting there in a small shop like a bewildered shmokin' Korean ESL student among local computer library nerds, and just had to put $200 down on it. The owner said some kids had come by earlier eagerly asking and making offers, but I guess I was in before the masses. The pricey total was actually about $660, but it still is a lot cheaper than new one by far, and I'm fairly pleased. Yar, I've finally been SHORTSCALE'D!

Snuck up to the roof where the rhodadendrons are still in full bloom, as all over the peninsula. It proved a good spot to show the subtleties in color contrast, although it was throwing me off as if to look almost Daphne Blue at times(I'm new at this Sonic Blue stuff, bear with me here). Anyway, you get the idea...

Despite some crud around the pickups and upper horn controls(boogers? Apparently some dingy foreign exchange guy sold it to the shop less than a week ago in desperation) and pre-primed belt scrapes, the thing is in really awesome shape, nearly all frets seem to be above 90%. Missing a grub screw(loser!) and trem bar, but I'm going to go Mustang bridge and string up with .011s to pursue s tad more sustain.

Richard

Post by Richard »

Beautiful! <3 Sonic Blue Jags.

Edit: The pics of the headstock in front of the flowers are gorgeous, someone needs to make a banner out of one of them.
skip wrote:satan rules
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I love it. I love it so much.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Those pictures are awesome.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Ultra lives the life. Seriously.
euan
Chico Malo
Sushi Monster

Post by Chico Malo »

sweet guitar! i am very jealous. congrats and i hope you don't get in too much trouble.
If you need a shitty friend, I'm here for you.
Chico Malo
Sushi Monster

Post by Chico Malo »

i know...you can hide it at my house.
If you need a shitty friend, I'm here for you.