black international tour blog

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

stewart
Cunning Linguist

black international tour blog

Post by stewart »

well, technically i haven't actually started writing the blog thing, but i will at some point over the next few days... anyway, here's some photos from the newcastle gig to be getting on with. thanks to simon / waiting for winter; a) for giving us the gig and b) organising the photographer.
► Show Spoiler
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

► Show Spoiler
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Pictures look great! Hope it went well.

Glad to see the mute stayed on the jag. Looks cool as fuck.
dub

Post by dub »

Splendid pictures! :twisted:
lorez

Post by lorez »

excellent shots Stewart and I'm waiting for the full write up on the naked runner down the dual carriageway
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:
► Show Spoiler
nice.

hurb- it'll have to come off once i install the mastery bridge.
► Show Spoiler
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

All looking very swish and that Jag shot is splendid. Has Gavin bulked up even more since Progfest? BEEFCAKE
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

Dave wrote:Has Gavin bulked up even more since Progfest? BEEFCAKE
shhh, you'll hurt his feelings.
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

stewart wrote:
Dave wrote:Has Gavin bulked up even more since Progfest? BEEFCAKE
shhh, you'll hurt his feelings.
Not fat: Muscle my dear Stewpendous

iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

he does pump iron, certainly.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Mint pics. Glad its kicked off well chaps.

Beefcake :lol:
avj
A Select Individual

Post by avj »

Very cool photos. The Jag looks great as usual, and the bridge cover on Gavin's Jazz looks excellent as well.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

here's the first entries. i might speak to a couple of bloggers i know about publishing them after the tour's over, if they're interesting enough.

Tour Diary

Friday 4th March- Newcastle Other Rooms

The first date of the tour crept up on us while we weren’t looking, and after a bit of time spent scurrying around picking up T-shirts and delivering flyers to the distributor (he had a doggie! In his office!) we set off. The drive to Newcastle follows a pleasant scenic route, but we were far too busy eating chocolate chip cookies to notice. One has to keep up one’s blood sugar in the music game. Keen readers can recreate some of our conversational topics by doing a google image search for ‘hypertrichosis’, or failing that, ‘hairy babies’.

Upon arrival at the venue, we were warmly received by the chaps from Waiting for Winter, our hosts for the evening. After a leisurely soundcheck and hearty meal (well, I speak for myself here; Craig had what looked like steak soup with pastry floating on top) we prepared to take the stage. A few push-ups, a comradely punch to the kidneys and BOOM! We did play.

The drive home must have been rather gruelling for Craig. However, I wouldn’t know, as I nodded off almost as soon as we hit the motorway; this is Against The Rules, and at some point in the near future I’ll be forced to make a forfeit of some kind. What this forfeit is remains a mystery, but rest assured it won’t be pleasant.

A fun start to the tour then, and it was nice to meet up with some old friends and make a few new ones. Aww!
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

Saturday 11th March- Dundee Doghouse

Blah blah blah, drive drive drive. We’d never played in Dundee before, and were looking forward to popping our City of Discovery cherry. This may sound petty, but generally a band’s chief concern after loading their gear in is where they can find food. For some reason most places in Dundee where, ordinarily, one could find a nice plate of pub grub, stop taking food orders at 7pm. This is most inconvenient, especially for denizens of the 24-hour metropolis such as us. I suppose the upside of eating in McDonalds is a lack of men with spacehopper bellies smoking outside and shouting “THE PUB! I’M IN THE PUB! WHAT? THE PUB WITH THE SCAFFOLDING!� into mobile phones. Shrieking teenagers may take their place, but at least you can laugh at their silly modern clothes.

We shared the bill with a band from down south named the Heebie Jeebies, nice guys, with a good line in foul-mouthed touring companions. I do like a well delivered swear word in a northern accent. “Fooookin’ coooooont� etc.

Although we’re fairly well-travelled people, I must confess to never having seen a man running along a dual carriageway at 1am with his trousers at his knees, white underpants shining in the glare of headlights. Thanks to a rather refreshed citizen of Dundee, this ambition has now been fulfilled. Two dates down, next stop Edinburgh for the album launch (no driving, yeehaa)!
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

I have cried a little inside at the beefcake comments, they are harsh but fair, and here is pictorial evidence of the drunken man.
► Show Spoiler
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

hahah 'mazing!

Pics looks fabolo. Even the Jazz Bass tort looks ok after all that processing. Jag looks fit.
johnniespring

Post by johnniespring »

i went to dundee a few years ago and was surprised that everything seemed to be dead after 6.30.
johnniespring

Post by johnniespring »

PS Sheffield on wednesday will be open til at least 7.30.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

Jolly good, we like full bellies!

(perhaps too much, looking at the photos)
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

How did Sheff go?