amplitube irig

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Peter - IK Multimedia

Post by Peter - IK Multimedia »

Right on the point with the cabling, etc advice here guys... Thanks! The unit comes with a slip of paper that explains the proper do's and don'ts of cabling with pictures of the correct cables. 1/8" stereo to dual MONO 1/4" is what works best into amps, mixers, etc.
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
Peter - IK Multimedia

There are still GREAT odds to win in the contest and note that no purchase is necessary (just take a pic of the free app or heck you can be creative and mock up an iRig or something!) and it is getting to the final stretch. You could win StompIO, AmpliTube 3 Pedal, AmpliTube 3, or more. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigtoday
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
serfx
ss.o bastard son

Post by serfx »

i was chatting with some dudes at work about this thing today. as i only have a 3g the app runs a wee bit to slow for me to pick up the iRig (retails for $39.xx here in canada..)
however i can see a million possibilities.
my only question is can the app save recordings?
a couple of guys i work with are thinking about grabbing this to run synths etc through at small gigs, as an input is an input.. but if it could also record what is being played, hell i'd need to upgrade my phone for ultimate apartment amp jams.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

nay :/
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
Peter - IK Multimedia

serfx wrote:i was chatting with some dudes at work about this thing today. as i only have a 3g the app runs a wee bit to slow for me to pick up the iRig (retails for $39.xx here in canada..)
however i can see a million possibilities.
my only question is can the app save recordings?
a couple of guys i work with are thinking about grabbing this to run synths etc through at small gigs, as an input is an input.. but if it could also record what is being played, hell i'd need to upgrade my phone for ultimate apartment amp jams.
It will, soon. There's going to be recording built in and then some more add-on functionality that will turn it into an almost completely new and more powerful app.
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

So I had one of these on order waited quite a while only, for them to send me some Peavey thing (it wasn't GAK) in it's place. Frankly I'm probably going to play about it. Unless anybody is going to pipe up and tell me actually did get an up grade (which is how they are spinning it) it's going back and I'll take a full refund thank you.
obscure pop culture reference
sp3k

Post by sp3k »

Stuart wrote:So I had one of these on order waited quite a while only, for them to send me some Peavey thing (it wasn't GAK) in it's place. Frankly I'm probably going to play about it. Unless anybody is going to pipe up and tell me actually did get an up grade (which is how they are spinning it) it's going back and I'll take a full refund thank you.
it is suppose to be better, less noisie, and you can still use any app you want with it
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

It requires batteries and I'm fairly annoyed they sent it with out asking first. I'm still on the fence about keeping it.
Peter - IK Multimedia

Stuart wrote:So I had one of these on order waited quite a while only, for them to send me some Peavey thing (it wasn't GAK) in it's place. Frankly I'm probably going to play about it. Unless anybody is going to pipe up and tell me actually did get an up grade (which is how they are spinning it) it's going back and I'll take a full refund thank you.
Edit - sorry I hadn't followed your link. It is not an "upgrade" to change product to one that isn't made by the same people as the one you bought. And to answer the other claims, even Premier Guitar didn't see the advantages to the batteries (meaning the unpowered units were also not really prone to feedback and noise any more than the powered unit). I will let our folks here know that this dealer would substitute in such a way. Thanks!
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Edit - sorry I hadn't followed your link. It is not an "upgrade" to change product to one that isn't made by the same people as the one you bought. And to answer the other claims, even Premier Guitar didn't see the advantages to the batteries (meaning the unpowered units were also not really prone to feedback and noise any more than the powered unit). I will let our folks here know that this dealer would substitute in such a way. Thanks!
cool cool. Just to make it clear it wasn't gak but http://www.htfr.com/ that I had the problem with.
Peter - IK Multimedia

Stuart wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
cool cool. Just to make it clear it wasn't gak but http://www.htfr.com/ that I had the problem with.
Thanks. They do have it in stock now, so you could get what you originally ordered. On top of that, don't they pay return postage when it isn't what you wanted? Worth asking.
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
Peter - IK Multimedia

We've updated to 2.0 with some incredible improvements. There's a DSP update that includes some derived directly from AmpliTube 3 and T-RackS to really make it sound awesome. There's also a ton of free updates like SpeedTrainer (note that there are full apps that charge for this functionality), 1-track recording and reamping, Preset Naming, direct import from iTunes library, export WAV or MP3, I/O level adjustments, 50-song import now, etc. Check it out at http://www.amplitube.com/iphone
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
sp3k

Post by sp3k »

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We've updated to 2.0 with some incredible improvements. There's a DSP update that includes some derived directly from AmpliTube 3 and T-RackS to really make it sound awesome. There's also a ton of free updates like SpeedTrainer (note that there are full apps that charge for this functionality), 1-track recording and reamping, Preset Naming, direct import from iTunes library, export WAV or MP3, I/O level adjustments, 50-song import now, etc. Check it out at http://www.amplitube.com/iphone
:D Will check it out right now!
Peter - IK Multimedia

Great, let me know what you think!
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Has anyone tried running their guitar through external effects and then into iRig? That way you can use your effects if you have something the program doesn't come with.

I like the idea of being able to of using the Amplitude program to get my ideas down and then use some of my effects to add extra flavor.

This product is really pushing me towards getting an iPad in the near future.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
sp3k

Post by sp3k »

taylornutt wrote:Has anyone tried running their guitar through external effects and then into iRig? That way you can use your effects if you have something the program doesn't come with.
i do that, works great.

i'm really impressed with the free delay they offer, sounds great.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Yup - when my champ died for a while I used iRig to test the pedals I was making. They sounded great into the Fender Twin amp.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Mike wrote:Yup - when my champ died for a while I used iRig to test the pedals I was making. They sounded great into the Fender Twin amp.
I LOVE that you were able to do this. Such an awesome use of the app, and pretty high praise for the app itself, I'd say.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

Empires wrote:Did I see an ad for a Peavey app and interface that was awfully similar to the iRig/Amplitube?

EDIT: YUP
lulz at the artists page
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
fostewi

Post by fostewi »

Mike wrote:Yup - when my champ died for a while I used iRig to test the pedals I was making. They sounded great into the Fender Twin amp.
Just wondering...is there any risk of damaging anything if the signal output from the effects to the iPhone is too high (I am usually well above the guitar signal level)? I did this for late night practicing on my computer with Toneport (line 6) and it worked pretty well but now that I have iRig on my iPhone I prefer it (sounds good, don't need a computer, easier to use - even though the screen is small I find touch screen so much easier than Gearbox with a mouse on my computer).