A pair of Coronados at Elderly(.com) Instruments...

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

avj
A Select Individual

A pair of Coronados at Elderly(.com) Instruments...

Post by avj »

I made another trip to Elderly and noticed they had a couple of Coronados on hand, a II and a XII. The neck stamps are five days apart, which is pretty cool.

FENDER CORONADO II (1967)
FENDER CORONADO XII (1967)

They're not really my thing, but I know some folks here are really into them.

International (non-U.S.) shipping does look a bit pricey though.
MISSINGNO.

Post by MISSINGNO. »

Seems like pocket change for the both of them. I need to find me some employment soon.
benecol

Post by benecol »

NAh, that FedEx price to the UK is fair enough: only a smidge more than I paid for my Jazzmaster to be shipped over via UPS. Elderly are good as gold, too. I'm not the hugest fan, but even I'm tempted to jump at that VI.
avj
A Select Individual

Post by avj »

Elderly are definitely great people. Last time I was there, I ended up leaving with a "used" CP Jag in perfect condition -- with pickguard plastic still in place, and the mint gigbag -- for $650. I narrowly escaped this time, barely making off without one of those new Vox AC15C1 amps.
Tweedledee

Post by Tweedledee »

That XII is really tempting. I keep thinking I should pick up a 12 string electric...
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Those are some good prices for Coronados. I saw a Coronado 2 a the Dallas Guitar Festival for $1200. $985 is a nice deal for the 6 string. I really want to try and perhaps own one someday.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
mcjt

Post by mcjt »

!!??
they are sold 'as-is'. they need new strings, a set-up, some fret work, one has a BAD pickup?
jeez, i expect more from a reseller. i thought THEY set up guitars they sold, rather than just flip them and send them to impatient consumers with sharp tools....
... they need to be "CLEANED up"-- they couldn't even wipe them down with a paper towel.

The 1st digits in the stamp are not the day, but the neck part number. XII was "14" and II was "19".

But same colour, same month, pretty much same condition... that is kinda cool.
Jazzmaster and Coronado lover