Cindi's gonna keeel me.

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

lameduck

Post by lameduck »

The key to avoiding the wife's fury after a clandestine purchase is held in the pre-purchase stage. Always choose an instrument the wife will think is "pretty." You're definitely safe.

I learned this the hard way. 62avri Strat... no problem. Martin 00-15... WWIII. I ended up returning it after a couple of nights sleeping with one eye open.
roachello
Cunt Punt

Post by roachello »

ultratwin wrote:
Chico Malo wrote:basses are like bassists...always being pushed to the rear.

At least we don't speed up like the guitarists do while beating off a solo, eh?

There. Better now?

I even put the Chinese guy as far back as I could.
Sweeeet collection Ultra!! What happened to the beautiful pink tele with the binding? :(
Mr.Ripley

Post by Mr.Ripley »

It's hiding behind the SG
roachello
Cunt Punt

Post by roachello »

Wow didn't even catch that. It's a peeper :D
brambleperro

Post by brambleperro »

edit: I missed roach's post about the pink tele. Are there any more pictures of that?
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

brambleperro wrote:edit: I missed roach's post about the pink tele. Are there any more pictures of that?

MIM neck, TV Jones Classic/Nocaster pickups, custom body locally made at www.willowsguitar.com , Bigsby B5. Still waiting on custom 3-barrel brass saddles for the Jag/Jazzmaster bridge, I just might go to Willows and have them make another double bound body in the meantime, this time a black Esquire thinline(no f-holes), as the Bigsby B16 I have lying around could make good use of it...Or shall I go Gretsch orange? :twisted:

I'm also putting in a pair of 500k pots today, Tom(TV Jones) recommended them over standard 250k when running the Classics or hotter singles...I'm just curious how spanky I can get the thing...Really need to get the Tele back up and running!
Last edited by ultratwin on Mon May 05, 2008 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Ripley

Post by Mr.Ripley »

UGH that mint pickguard makes me feel sick. What's wrong with a white one?
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Funny, mustached Tele purists were asking me why I didn't do pearloid!

Just to clear things up, it's not mint. I had a clear guard made and spray painted it "IVORY #0001" to match the color of the cream binding. Like the CIJ Strat effect(vintage white looking pink) in our house, people's eyes get tricked by the contrast, but I did try a mint guard on and it looked Exorcist-era stomach bile green on this grade of Shell Pink in comparison. Fender Japan Shell Pink finishes I've seen in person have a slight peachy look to them, late model import Squier "pink" being Pepto-Bismol pink ion the other end of the scale, and mine is simply a tamer creamy pink of sorts.

Horses for courses, tit for tat, funk for bunk, Kurdtz for shirts, there's a "soft" look about a shell pink guitar in person when the binding and guard looking like they came from the same piece of off-white plastic.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

lameduck wrote:The key to avoiding the wife's fury after a clandestine purchase is held in the pre-purchase stage. Always choose an instrument the wife will think is "pretty." You're definitely safe.

In case the Ss.org journal thread post got missed (it is a nice bit of self-therapy, wouldntyousay?), I've good news:
ultratwin wrote: Cindi finds out about the Jaguar, declares it "very pretty", and says a most delightful "I want you to know that I'm well aware of your frugal lifestyle, and know that you don't have to be ashamed about making guitar purchases." My jaw just dropped, almost leaking a teaspoon of saliva on my lap.

Now that's a response I'll be sure not to abuse. The Jag is now proudly perched in the open next to the Jazzmaster.

She also picked it up, plinked around on it for a bit, put it down, grabbed the Emily the strange SG, kept playing and said: "You play the Jag, I'm sticking with Emily."
brambleperro

Post by brambleperro »

Wow. Between the jag and the tele, you have some the nicest looking guitars I've seen in a while.
roachello
Cunt Punt

Post by roachello »

I <3 <3 <3 Cindi!!
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

I believe the feelings are mutual. She rock my world. :wink:
mewithoutus

Post by mewithoutus »

oh hell yes, ultra. that is so rad. spectaculomus.
rich people say fuck yeah hey hey
heavium wrote:grow a bat army in my room and train them to attack when someone comes in
ludger

Post by ludger »

I like how the pg just sits there with no screws. That's precision.