30 watt speaker in 15 watt combo amp (AC15CC1)

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

inscho

Post by inscho »

i've had good luck with eminence speakers....I've used texas heats in my 2x12 cab for about 2 years now. cost me $90 for the pair.
Chico Malo
Sushi Monster

Post by Chico Malo »

fretman wrote:
Chico Malo wrote:I currently have a Weber 12F150 in my Marshall Studio 15. I don't really like the way it sounds. Too tinty. I ordered a Celestion Vintage 30 to try out innit.
If I'm reading it right, that's a Vintage series speaker, with a ceramic magnet? Did you order it especially for that amp, or did you get it that way?
I ordered a British series, alnico magnet (blue dog) for the Vox - hoping I'll like it well enough! Their orders are 3 weeks behind, mine should arrive next week...
The Weber was in it when I bought the amp used. The amp is a mid eighties tube amp and I'm not sure what the original speaker was. My V-30 is supposed to arrive today so I'll let you know how it sounds. I was considering buying a blue dog but decided to try the V-30 out first.
If you need a shitty friend, I'm here for you.
fretman

Post by fretman »

Well, the Weber Alnico Blue Dog finally came, and I installed it in my Vox AC15 CC1 this afternoon. Immediate, dramatic improvement
over the stock (ceramic) Wharfedale - it transformed the amp from an OK sounding reissue into a vintage cream machine, and I imagine it'll only
get better as the speaker breaks in. If I'd had my wits about me, I would've recorded before and after samples, but alas, the deed is done...
In any event, the Blue Dog gets a big thumbs up.