KC Mustang Bridge Swop

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Rox

KC Mustang Bridge Swop

Post by Rox »

I've been wanting to switch out the bridge on my KC Mustang . Twitch out the TOM for a standard Mustang bridge . Is it a direct swop ? By the looks of it I think it is but I'm curious if anyone's done it . Thanks .
weeping_moon

Re: KC Mustang Bridge Swop

Post by weeping_moon »

Rox wrote:I've been wanting to switch out the bridge on my KC Mustang . Twitch out the TOM for a standard Mustang bridge . Is it a direct swop ? By the looks of it I think it is but I'm curious if anyone's done it . Thanks .
Why do you buy a Kurt mustang and change it? Just buy a blue 69 then?
Rox

Post by Rox »

Already have one . :lol: Both blue with racing stripe.

A Mustang bridge I think is better so I want to change it . I just want to know if they routed the KC body in the bridge differently than a normal Mustang .
And believe it or not a KC Stang and a 69RI are pretty different .. You wouldn't think so until you compare them and play them .

**** Just researched it . Total direct swop . Answered by someone here on another forum..
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

Yep okay. Do it.

I know its difference because normal 69 mustangs are basswood. Cobain stang is alder. My candy apple red is better than my dark placid blue stang.

But you know why? Thats the first guitar. It was then i really liked the neck of the guitar. By that time i didnt know guitars can be shortscale. I didnt know a place like shortscale. But old stories should be after playing a epiphone les paul copy i was tierd of using my brothers guitar. I used a strat copy in my second band and that guitar had that feel of a 69 mustang neck, jag-stang or the new cobain stangs. That wasnt my guitar (strat copy) with the thin neck. My brother sold that 50€ guitar. I played mostly 1 fender amp 1 ibanez 1 peavey amp. Then my ds-2 pedal and super chorus, and reverb from amp. When it was time for recording the ep, screaming for nothing. I used a fender amp but this time it was the reverb amp 2x12.

Then i went out and buyed my true comp (red) mustang. I did 7 songs that night.

this is the new wave
formula
sad
and some other untitled songs.