Moog Murf

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

Mr Mustache

Moog Murf

Post by Mr Mustache »

I know Hurbs got a Moog but does anyone have/ Had a Murf? I really like the sound clips on the Moog Website, it so cool sounding when in Stereo.

anyone tried one? any opinions?

i maybe trading my DMM and Epihone Strat for a Murf with power supply and expression pedal.

Listen here
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Took me a good minute to find the fucking sample buttons, crap website layout f'real.

Sounds pretty neat- an awful lot of scratch for a pedal though..
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

Doog wrote:Took me a good minute to find the fucking sample buttons, crap website layout f'real.

yeah that site does suck pretty bad.

scratch as in Moneyz? yeah i wouldn't pay almost 500 bucks for a pedal, hell no, but i'll trade my $250 DMM and a $90 strat for a $450 pedal with a power supply and $40 expression pedal!

it's got some cool sounds but i think i'd rather have that new FreqBox. that was awesome.
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

Mr Mustache wrote:
Doog wrote:Took me a good minute to find the fucking sample buttons, crap website layout f'real.

yeah that site does suck pretty bad.

scratch as in Moneyz? yeah i wouldn't pay almost 500 bucks for a pedal, hell no, but i'll trade my $250 DMM and a $90 strat for a $450 pedal with a power supply and $40 expression pedal!

it's got some cool sounds but i think i'd rather have that new FreqBox. that was awesome.

The Murf sounds good, but from what I heard is incredibly hard to get a practical use out of. I'd definitely go for the FreqBox, shit sounds sick. I wanna get one eventually.
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

yeah it does. i think i'm gonna stick with the murf for a while and maybe try to get an even trade on the FreqBox when it comes out.

Murf-$450
FreqBox-$300 and change

so yeah hopefully this will help me get the Freqbox

the dude seems interested so i'm stoked
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

Mr Mustache wrote:yeah it does. i think i'm gonna stick with the murf for a while and maybe try to get an even trade on the FreqBox when it comes out.

Murf-$450
FreqBox-$300 and change

so yeah hopefully this will help me get the Freqbox

the dude seems interested so i'm stoked
pretty sweet deal, dude!
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Too much auto pan for my liking, still sounds quite cool though.
Shabba.
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

yeah i'm kinda wondering how this will sound when it's just plugged up to one amp....
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

sorry iam late on this dude.

but heres a video in wonderful techni colour

http://www.gearwire.com/media/moog-moog ... guitar.mov

it doesn't really do that much for me really, well not anuff on my budget. if i had more coin i would get one just for shits and giggles.
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

cool hurb thanks for the vid, i really wanted to punch that guy in the face tho, he's so damn boring. But i think i'll really using the murf

which moog do you have? i just tried the Ring mod and i loved the damn thing
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

the ring mod yep. its kool but once you get over the wild and crazy noises iam a bit lost at how to use it musicaly. not that it cant be musical its just i need to sit down with it for like 3 days and just tweak and write stuff down :D
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

lol yeah i figured that, i played with it for about a half hour. i told my friend at GC that i was getting the Murf and he said oh well we have a moog here, someone special ordered it for their self. WOW i was so happy because i've never played throught a moog before! :D

It sounds awesome, and it's very fun, i like to see people use them lightly ya know, tastefully
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Mr Mustache wrote:lol yeah i figured that, i played with it for about a half hour. i told my friend at GC that i was getting the Murf and he said oh well we have a moog here, someone special ordered it for their self. WOW i was so happy because i've never played throught a moog before! :D

It sounds awesome, and it's very fun, i like to see people use them lightly ya know, tastefully
I am giving mine a break for a while, so when i go back to it i will have a fresh mind to use it. i found some really usable sounds. but they already been used i found out later.... i hate when that happens.
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

that sucks i hate that too, i hate it even more when i think i come up with a sweet guitar part and then i hear it somewhere, example: John Mayer, damn it :oops:

but i guess a ring mod would only have so many useable sounds, but i'd love to run it with some delay or other cool pedals