exspensive cables ?

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

there's not a lot of shops over here that sell George L's,
planet waves and klotz are easier to find, i saw that PW cable kit box for about 60 euros; ten plugs, 3 m cable, you don't have to solder anything, just cut the cable and put the plugs on 'em i guess...would be 12euros per patch cable then, since you'd only be able to make 5 of 'em, i'd have lots of cable left ..you can do a lot with 3 meters of cable for patch cable use.. and there you go..they don't sell those solderless PW plugs separate at that store..i looked it up tho and they're about 10 euros per plug ! (amazon)

it's easy tho..so i might just get one of those cable kits... i'd still save up more money when i'm not getting those premade klotz patch cables since they're about 20 euros each, but those solderless plugs man... if those weren't so exspensive it'd be a done deal... since i don't really need more than five of them (bass-wise then, which is more important at this moment, hehe) the cable kit box would be enough for now ..

as far as i know (right now ) only george l and planet waves sell solderless plugs..
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

http://www.diago.co.uk/patch-cables/patch-cables/ sell the George l's. take paypal and will ship to you.

go on be as kool as me and mike.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

i'm not as cool as hurb and mike

:P

but no seriously, i'm not even cool enough to have a paypal account

i think it's gonna be the PW solderless cable kit after all, german webshops are pretty cheap too, cheaper than the guitarstores over here, and no shipping costs either
but imma wait a little while until i've taken care of the new bass amp costs and shit, after that i'll finally be settled for a while, gearwise..well..hopefully..haha
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Learning to look after your cables is a far far better way than just increasing your cable budget.

Link to gear wire video

I usualy use the second method, but I dont see how it puts any stress on the cable if done right.

A lot of the reason guitar cables break is stress put on them when putting them away. Things like wrapping a cable around your elbow, or just chucking a cable in a gig bag.

Obviously using wank cables isnt going to be good for your sound, but I'd much rather have well looked after mid range cables than just expensive cables.
Shabba.