new peds.

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Chico Malo
Sushi Monster

Post by Chico Malo »

i just got a dd-5 off nigbay and i like it a lot.
If you need a shitty friend, I'm here for you.
Tex-czech

Post by Tex-czech »

gaybay...
-Joe
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Lucky Chica Fresca. :P

Wanna send that DD5 in my direction so I can turn it into a cute Korean?
Crap, I'd have to keep it then.

Enjoy man, they're really hard to find 'round here, and great with that tap feature.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Cowbell if you want multiple different delays for different songs get the Boss DD-20 Giga Delay. About ten times better than the Line6 DL4- which WILL break on you.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Man, that layout is retarded.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

Mike wrote:Cowbell if you want multiple different delays for different songs get the Boss DD-20 Giga Delay. About ten times better than the Line6 DL4- which WILL break on you.
Yeah, I would but since you had one, can you switch to a different delay effect in the middle of a song? Like say you start with a long delay, then need to go to a short delay? can you switch it like you can channels on a amp?

We have a couple of songs that I ring out with a nice long delay and swelling feedback, then into straight up o.d. and the next part I play about 30 sec. later would sound awesome with like a ping pong delay or summit, can the giga delay do that kind of trick?
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

From what I understand, you can- it has user presets for your settings. I guess you'd have to put them "side by side" in the memory bank though, for smooth changing.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Doog wrote:From what I understand, you can- it has user presets for your settings. I guess you'd have to put them "side by side" in the memory bank though, for smooth changing.
You can save into 5 different positions (manual,1,2,3,4) and switch directly between them (wet - delay to delay) in sequence as above or toggle between the manual setting and any setting and back (manual,3,manual,3) for example.

It's extremely versatile. For Cowbell's song it's so easy. Step on the Left pedal and it's delay one, left pedal again to turn it off, then step on the right pedal to select the next delay sound and activate it again with left switch. If there's space between the delays you can do anything up to 5 different delays in a song, and if you want to do delay to delay direct you can do what I said above. GREAT pedal.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

It's on my list, I like the idea of preset delays- I hate having to fuck with my pedal onstage to get the delay juuuust right, spesh when it's a tempo-based effect.

Excuse me if I'm being thick, but if you wanted to use "1" and the "4" a little bit later, you cycle through them in bypass mode til you get to 4?
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

Doog wrote:It's on my list, I like the idea of preset delays- I hate having to fuck with my pedal onstage to get the delay juuuust right, spesh when it's a tempo-based effect.

Excuse me if I'm being thick, but if you wanted to use "1" and the "4" a little bit later, you cycle through them in bypass mode til you get to 4?
THats a problem of mine too, sometimes the energy level make everyone play faster than a relaxed practice. I use the delay built into my head for now and its very sensitive, so when moving in and out of gigs, if you bump the knob just a little your off time or summit. :shock: I'd rather have it pre-set.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Doog wrote:It's on my list, I like the idea of preset delays- I hate having to fuck with my pedal onstage to get the delay juuuust right, spesh when it's a tempo-based effect.

Exactly.

And you should get one, they should get cheaper second hand soon I guess. I reckon you could do some wonderful things with that pedal cos you're a tweaker. The modulation second can do some really bad ass stuff, and you can make the pedal synth drone too.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

More Cowbell wrote:

THats a problem of mine too, sometimes the energy level make everyone play faster than a relaxed practice. I use the delay built into my head for now and its very sensitive, so when moving in and out of gigs, if you bump the knob just a little your off time or summit. :shock: I'd rather have it pre-set.
that's true, but if you're suffering that problem just grab a momentary switch and connect it to the DD-20 ctl pedal input.

Stomp on that pedal in time with your band 4 times and pedal on or off it sync's up with teh beat (plus you can set teh repates to like triplets or whatever so it sounds fucking awesome).

It may fight it's way back onto the board yet.