Laney VC15

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

euan
partynerd!

Laney VC15

Post by euan »

So I'm looking to upgrade the amp side of things of my gear at the moment and I've been on the hunt.

I was thinking Tiny Terror, but I'm going to be another ?200 again on a decent cab. I was looking for something low powered enough for tenement living and I've seen VC15s for ?240.

Anyone tried this amp out and think it's worth karting my gear down and trying it out?
euan
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Most definitely. Those Laney's are nice and have a justifiably good reputation. That model is similar to the Vox AC series of amplifiers although it's only got a 10" speaker so you might be lacking a bit on the bass side.

Definitely worth a go though!
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

!'m slightly adverse to bass for some reason, kinda why I play a Mustang too. I was looking at the VC30 with a 1x12, it isn't much more than the VC15, but I'm not really after the extra power at the moment.

Though the Laney site does say that the VC15 is class A/B and the VC30 is pure class A. Decisions.
Last edited by euan on Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
euan
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I'd get it just for the future's sake.

The VC30 will be fine for practise at home, band rehearsals and small gigs no problem. your ROI is much higher for the extra dollar.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Yeah the more I think about it the more I lean towards the VC30. Just can't help thinking the ?60 difference is my budget for some Klotz cable and some Neutrik connectors.

But I'd probably go for the VC30 after all. Glad I've got the week off to go down and have a good try out.
euan