This is slightly distressing

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Mike
I like EL34s

This is slightly distressing

Post by Mike »

From old to new:

I dread to think how much money I would have if I was just using my Amp.
a.aaron

Post by a.aaron »

didnt you just do one of these pedalboard retrospectives a month or so ago?

just think how boring and generic you'd sound without some effects' color.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Nice. My gf asked me yesterday to total up how much money I'd spent on Guitars/Amps/Pedals etc. in the last 18 months... Scary, that's all I'll say.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Tuner before the delays presumably so you can mute the guitar but still let the delays ring out?

Good idea..hmm..
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Doog wrote:Tuner before the delays presumably so you can mute the guitar but still let the delays ring out?

Good idea..hmm..
yuppers. I don't want to accidently cut them off or indeed have to wait until they decay to tune midset.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Doog wrote:Tuner before the delays presumably so you can mute the guitar but still let the delays ring out?

Good idea..hmm..
Generally I thought it was a good idea to run the tuner as the first thing in the chain? I can't think of any advantages of running it later.

Anyone care to give me the other perspective?
euan
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Why do you think running it first has an advantage?
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

My EGDM is pure awesomeness, but even it can get gainy and humbuzzhiss if on with pedal volume set halfway up and I just mute the deal with me TU-2. I dig trails too. but I never set the AD-900 that long to notice, really. Old news here, but I do teh Mike thang as well with the tuner myoot:

Pre/post comp with the wah is a more colorful(but frustrating) experiment for me, as with occasionally boosting the EGDM with the Moollon Bass Driver into bomb zone. Digging the setup, nonetheless, Mike...Various combos of the OD-3 & RAT thru a channel-switchin' Marshall must possess the history of teh ROXXORZ.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

euan wrote:
Generally I thought it was a good idea to run the tuner as the first thing in the chain? I can't think of any advantages of running it later.
One advantage could be you can mute any noise from your dirt boxes and still let the delays decay naturally? As discussed 3 posts ago?

I put mine last for the same noise-related reason, the only reason for putting it first is so that you don't have to turn all your stomp boxes off to tune accurately.

I'm only ever using 2-3 pedals at a time in a live situation, so turning them off to tune isn't really a big hardship.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

ultratwin wrote:Digging the setup, nonetheless, Mike...Various combos of the OD-3 & RAT thru a channel-switchin' Marshall must possess the history of teh ROXXORZ.
You knows it.

I took the 6100 to practise this Tuesday with my DSL401 combo and just used the combo as a 1x12" 16 ohm cab for the head.

Unfortunately the MIDI footswitch for my 6100 was doing odd things, not switching channels except from clean to lead and then getting stuck there - I'm pretty sure that the cable has become worn at the entry point from constant rolling up and packing down and up and has lost contact or shorted. I opened it up and it's pretty simple inside, I'm going to lop off the last 6" of cable and rewire it and see whether that fixes it, otherwise I'mma have to open up the amp.

But I still had LOADS of fun playing with the OD-3, RAT and the crunch channel. My Marshall loves those pedals - the RAT in particular sounds beautiful through the clean channel, very Marshall-esque itself although in a JCM800 way.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Shame about the switch pedal troubles, I've hesitated to get out TSL602's one fixed(partially outta loving the clean channel as well) but might get creative and take a look inside, too~

I hear ya on the Rat + Marshall. I sold the Keeley mod RAT really quick because of unexpectantly insane brickwall compression, but loved the monster bass boost and additional toobskreamah channel. I reckon an unadulterated ProCo deal would be a fantastic backup...We'll see.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Totally, buy a RAT2 like me and Andy and join our club. I did the Reutz resistor snip on mine as I needed extra bass and less gain and Andy has it switchable. Reutz RAT2 FTW.

I wanna get a "You Dirty RAT" at some point, the samples sounded coolass.

The 6100 switching is MIDI and fast as lightning. Is there lag between Clean and Crunch/Lead on your 602? Gareth's 601 has a little gap in sound - his switch has held up luckily.

I imagine it must be the cable that goes wrong under strain or something - have a go at doing what I intend - open it up and take a photo of the coloured wires and where they go - then unsolder the end, pull it out with the strain reduction gromit and cut off a chunk of the length.

Strip wires, replace gromit on wire, solder up and then slide in the gromit and give it a go...
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Mike wrote:Totally, buy a RAT2 like me and Andy and join our club. I did the Reutz resistor snip on mine as I needed extra bass and less gain and Andy has it switchable. Reutz RAT2 FTW.
Once the cash flow is a little healther, i'm gonna rehouse it into a nice big chrome box and put in a footswitch for the stock/Ruetz mode. IT SHALL RULE!
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Nice!
Jesse
Neat

Post by Jesse »

I found a RAT2 at a pawnshop for 40 bucks the other day. I tried it out, and it didn't work! So peeved. :(
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Buy it for 20.

I'll walk you through fixing it. SIMPLE CIRCUIT.
inscho

Post by inscho »

how'd you like that df-2?
Jesse
Neat

Post by Jesse »

Mike wrote:Buy it for 20.

I'll walk you through fixing it. SIMPLE CIRCUIT.
I'll go check to see if it's still there tomorrow. That'd be ace if you could! :D
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Dew it. I love bringing pedals back from the dead. Especially a Rat.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

Like Equalizer mike ???
should check Mxr 10 band one

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=151115
Last edited by iCEByTes on Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Precise dwarf bravery