Rhodes Electric Piano

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

jcyphe

Rhodes Electric Piano

Post by jcyphe »

http://www.rhodespiano.com/

we don't have a forum for 'Other Instruments' so I'll put this here. The Rhodes Piano is back. I'm not sure if Fender has anything to do with it. It's cool news either way.
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

well, hot damn!
i'm stoked.
hope they're not too spendy.
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
Jesse
Neat

Post by Jesse »

YAY! We've been discussing and listening to Rhodes keyboards in class recently, and this is good news.
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

they're super fun, and can add alot to a song.
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
deadonkey
Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Post by deadonkey »

where's icey?
everything is not going to be alright
ElCapitan

Post by ElCapitan »

Stevie Wonder played one of those in "Superstition". Thats a great song.

Yeah, Fender have bought Rhodes.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

I dont think he did, stevie that is. it's something similar but not that.
Shabba.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Clavinet.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Fender are just buying left, right and center. It's excellent, they keep the companies they buy true to form, they don't fuck with them much at all. Just look at Gretsch.

Gibson, on the other hand, almost completely sunk Trace Elliott when they bought them, doing next to nothing and almost damaging the reputation of one of the most recognisable names in amplification.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Doog wrote:Clavinet.
yeah people are always confusing the electric mechanicals. With the 3 most Famous being the Rhodes, The Hohner Clavinet, and The Wurlitzer 200.

They all have their strengths and are pretty unique.
Last edited by jcyphe on Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

ekwatts wrote:Fender are just buying left, right and center. It's excellent, they keep the companies they buy true to form, they don't fuck with them much at all. Just look at Gretsch.

Gibson, on the other hand, almost completely sunk Trace Elliott when they bought them, doing next to nothing and almost damaging the reputation of one of the most recognisable names in amplification.
Fender did/is doing a good job with Gretsch, but they gutted Guild. No more electrics Guilds or even Guild jazz archtops and a lot of people swear the Guild acoustics sound better pre-Fender.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

jcyphe wrote:
ekwatts wrote:Fender are just buying left, right and center. It's excellent, they keep the companies they buy true to form, they don't fuck with them much at all. Just look at Gretsch.

Fender did/is doing a good job with Gretsch, but they gutted Guild. No more electrics Guilds or even Guild jazz archtops and a lot of people swear the Guild acoustics sound better pre-Fender.
Hmmm, I'd say wait and see. Guild was a relatively recent acquisition, am I right? Don't hold your breath, but who knows? New Guild electrics could be in the pipeline in the next few years.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

ekwatts wrote: Hmmm, I'd say wait and see. Guild was a relatively recent acquisition, am I right? Don't hold your breath, but who knows? New Guild electrics could be in the pipeline in the next few years.
No they bought Guild before Gretsch, years before. They made a big Hoorah with the Dearmond line based on a lot of Guild designs but then Fender discontinued those because they didn't sell too well. Then they discontinued the Guild Solid Bodies and Finally the Guild Arctops all together. They did it about the same time they started operating Gretsch production. It doesn't make sense since Gretsch doesn't really make a Jazz guitars besides the Country Club, which I wouldn't call a GREAT Jazzbox anyways.

Fender also owns the SUNN name for amps, which they did something with briefly and then did nothing at all.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

jcyphe wrote:
ekwatts wrote: Hmmm, I'd say wait and see. Guild was a relatively recent acquisition, am I right? Don't hold your breath, but who knows? New Guild electrics could be in the pipeline in the next few years.
No they bought Guild before Gretsch, years before. They made a big Hoorah with the Dearmond line based on a lot of Guild designs but then Fender discontinued those because they didn't sell too well. Then they discontinued the Guild Solid Bodies and Finally the Guild Arctops all together. They did it about the same time they started operating Gretsch production. It doesn't make sense since Gretsch doesn't really make a Jazz guitars besides the Country Club, which I wouldn't call a GREAT Jazzbox anyways.

Fender also owns the SUNN name for amps, which they did something with briefly and then did nothing at all.
Yeah, it was a shame to see Sunn disappear. But you know how the wind can change on stuff like this, in as little as a few years. Fender appear to be relatively quick to provide what the people want, and not spend 5 years and millions of dollars inventing some digital guitar that doesn't even work properly while their market is stolen away by brans simply because they can't apply a finish properly.
mewithoutus

Post by mewithoutus »

i think that the fender rhodes sound is so amazing.
rich people say fuck yeah hey hey
heavium wrote:grow a bat army in my room and train them to attack when someone comes in