Mythbusting humbuckers

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

JJLipton

Mythbusting humbuckers

Post by JJLipton »

According to wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Wide_Range
The reissue wide range humbucker on fender's 70's era telecaster models are just normal hb's with the gaps filled in with wax or cloth. They also note the 1 meg pots on the originals and the 250k's on the RI's. So to put this myth to rest, can anybody here with a 70's reissue telecaster take a look under their pickguard and help me out?
Billy3000

Re: Mythbusting humbuckers

Post by Billy3000 »

JJLipton wrote:According to wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Wide_Range
The reissue wide range humbucker on fender's 70's era telecaster models are just normal hb's with the gaps filled in with wax or cloth. They also note the 1 meg pots on the originals and the 250k's on the RI's. So to put this myth to rest, can anybody here with a 70's reissue telecaster take a look under their pickguard and help me out?
I might take a look under there the next time I change strings on mine. I don't really care what the hell pots or pickups are in it, because it is my favorite sounding guitar ever! They sound brighter and more Fender-ish than most humbuckers to me.
SickenedEmotions99

Post by SickenedEmotions99 »

I played a few Re-issue Tele Deluxe's at Sam Ash and Victors House of Music in Jersey. I fell in love with them. I really want one now, most likely in black cuz the fuckers didn't reissue it in Natural. Just figured I'd add my opinion on it. They kick ass. Sound awesome, feel great, and they look killer.

I'm out.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

This is old news. The humbuckers aren't real wide rangers but they still sound great. I love my Telecaster Deluxe.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Mike wrote:This is old news. The humbuckers aren't real wide rangers but they still sound great. I love my Telecaster Deluxe.
Agreed.. although I didn't know that they weren't real wide rangers. They still sound amazing to me. I've never heard another humbucker that sounds as good as the ones in my tele deluxe.