When Heroes Die (feat. T.i.M) by Saturday's Child

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

dots
BADmin (he/him)

When Heroes Die (feat. T.i.M) by Saturday's Child

Post by dots »

very proud of this collaboration with our nephew, T.i.M. a bit of a departure in style, but still in the wheelhouse of rock (ofc).

💥"When Heroes Die (feat. T.i.M)" by Saturday's Child available now💥

google drive link for the streaming challenged
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Re: When Heroes Die (feat. T.i.M) by Saturday's Child

Post by plopswagon »

Sounds great.
â–º Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: ↑Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

thanks, dude!
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

dots wrote: ↑Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:03 pm very proud of this collaboration with our nephew, T.i.M. a bit of a departure in style, but still in the wheelhouse of rock (ofc).

💥"When Heroes Die (feat. T.i.M)" by Saturday's Child available now💥

google drive link for the streaming challenged
Little more background on this... At the ripe age of 24, Tim was married in January this year to the girl he'd been with for 3 years. They moved out of state immediately after to live with a friend who had a couple spare rooms, one of which for a recording space for Tim whose hip hop output had sputtered a bit due to the pandemic and the bills of domestication.

Marriage didn't work out, like 90 days into it. I'll leave the details out, but suffice to say, Tim's writing saw renewed energy.

Cut to a couple of months later, our aunt passed away suddenly. I shared a round of whiskey with Tim at the celebration of life event and mentioned there was a track on an upcoming record that would be great for some collaboration. I didn't even have lyrics written yet, and just gave him the working title, "When Heroes Die" which ended up sticking. He ran with his parts from there, and I added the chorus vocals on top.

Piano was recorded by my castmate from Murder Ballad. She's a high school music teacher with degrees and accreditations galore, and slayed her parts on the grand piano in her living room...onto an iPad.

It really all just came together on a track id technically written 10 years ago but never finished. A bit of a step outside, but it's one of my favs off the upcoming album.
HeroesDie.jpg
HeroesDie.jpg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 392 times
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

finally got a chance to check this out. Cool stuff. Obviously some departure from the norm (not always a bad thing) and you can definitely still here Sat Child in there! So... Cool tune. Even more so that you got to share it with a family member.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Great song, Dot!
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.