ISO guitar rig for desk

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

mickie08

ISO guitar rig for desk

Post by mickie08 »

I should clarify, I am just looking for something I can plug my headrush into that is relatively small but will put out decent low to mid volume sound. I need to start back playing electric more and just want something I can sit in my music area that will not color the headrush alot as I will be using it direct to the PA. I could use one of my small PA speakers (QSC CP8s) but Id prefer a tiny bit smaller and to not have to pull it to use for gigs on and off.

I do have a scarlett interface and a pair of Presonus studio speakers. But wouldn't mind something that doesn't require me to fire up the computer and/or mess with settings or the interface stuff. Though I guess bonus is if I set it up that way I can use it for direct recording (though I never really do that anyways) That setup has also been noisy as of late as well (may just need a good cleaning. My garage gets dusty
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
Doog
mid-century modem

Re: ISO guitar rig for desk

Post by Doog »

I can speak fondly of the Yamaha THR series: stereo speakers, both USB and headphoney outputs, decent FX and amp modelling (various gain/amp types as well as 'Acoustic' and 'Bass'), the ability to bypass all of the modelling to just use as a solid-state amp.

The speakers are "full range" (for little guys), so you can hook up an input via Bluetooth/aux in and use it listen to HOT TRAXXX, playing along should you wish too.

Perhaps the smallest 5w guy doesn't have ALL of these options, but the THR10II I've got certainly does.

http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/music ... index.html
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
dub

Post by dub »

Forgive my ignorance, but if the monitors are powered, couldn't you just run the headrush into them?
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

dub wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:49 am Forgive my ignorance, but if the monitors are powered, couldn't you just run the headrush into them?
I could. Just am looking to not have to reset things for different uses. I did run it through my interface last night and it sounds good. I just want something I don't have to "set up" and/or reset settings when switching back to other stuff. More plug in and play.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

dub wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:49 am Forgive my ignorance, but if the monitors are powered, couldn't you just run the headrush into them?
Great suggestion. I actually used to own a th10 and gave it to a kid who really needed a bedroom level amp (glad I helped him out but l kind of bummed I don't still have it now...) I had forgotten about those. Ill have to see if I can grab a secondhand one off reverb.