Ngd: it’s a Strat!

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Ngd: it’s a Strat!

Post by Nick »

This one to be exact:
3139424B-E8FD-498C-93E0-FF1CF7AA3EB2.jpeg
3139424B-E8FD-498C-93E0-FF1CF7AA3EB2.jpeg (651.03 KiB) Viewed 1187 times
I’ve technically had this for a year and a half but it’s been living in Florida- Lauren found this Squier Bullet on marketplace while visiting her parents -they just visited us this weekend and brought it up neck off in a suitcase.

It originally had a purple pearl pickguard and pink knobs which was also a vibe, but I had this yellow guard from my previous fisher price guitar idea and liked this more.

Went to Love of Fuzz for some new tuners, left with a new neck (1986 Japanese Squier neck) and some Kent Armstrong TVST62 pickups. Also grabbed a loaded fat strat guard for the electronics. Need to do a proper setup still but I love it!
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Re: Ngd: it’s a Strat!

Post by plopswagon »

Sweet pink!
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

That's a good looking strat!
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Haha nice! Planning any upgrades?
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Dots: planning any upgrades?

All the upgrades: am I a joke to you?

(1986 MIJ neck w/Fender tuners, Kent Armstrong TVST62 pickups, CTS 250k pots and USA 5-way switch)

The bridge and body are the only non-upgraded parts left on the guitar.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

How heavy is the body? Every bullet with a tremolo I've held was heavy as hell, my bullet was heavy as hell and it wasn't the tremolo that weighed a ton, I took it completely apart and it was the body itself. PIt was probably the second heaviest guitar I've owned after a les paul knock off. Every hardtail bullet I've tried was light as a feather. They say both models are made of basswood, go figure
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

sunshiner wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:13 pm How heavy is the body? Every bullet with a tremolo I've held was heavy as hell, my bullet was heavy as hell and it wasn't the tremolo that weighed a ton, I took it completely apart and it was the body itself. PIt was probably the second heaviest guitar I've owned after a les paul knock off. Every hardtail bullet I've tried was light as a feather. They say both models are made of basswood, go figure
It’s on the heavier side of what I like but it’s not too bad. I didn’t weigh the body on it’s own but fully assembled it’s 7lbs 13oz, or 3.55kg, about 1lb /~.45 heavier than my MIJ Fender.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

The pink/yellow combo is soo good.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Nick wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:36 pm
sunshiner wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:13 pm How heavy is the body? Every bullet with a tremolo I've held was heavy as hell, my bullet was heavy as hell and it wasn't the tremolo that weighed a ton, I took it completely apart and it was the body itself. PIt was probably the second heaviest guitar I've owned after a les paul knock off. Every hardtail bullet I've tried was light as a feather. They say both models are made of basswood, go figure
It’s on the heavier side of what I like but it’s not too bad. I didn’t weigh the body on it’s own but fully assembled it’s 7lbs 13oz, or 3.55kg, about 1lb /~.45 heavier than my MIJ Fender.
Yes, the lighter the better for me too, 3.55 kg is somewhere where it would be still relatively comfortable to play for me. Mine probably weighed over 9 or 10lbs, I didn't get to weigh it, but it was bad on my left shoulder after just 10 minutes of playing.

The colour combo is really a nice one. I've never seen it and it's well balanced. Usually when people go for an unconventional look colours tend to clash
NickD

Post by NickD »

sunshiner wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:36 am
Nick wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:36 pm
Yes, the lighter the better for me too, 3.55 kg is somewhere where it would be still relatively comfortable to play for me. Mine probably weighed over 9 or 10lbs, I didn't get to weigh it, but it was bad on my left shoulder after just 10 minutes of playing.

The colour combo is really a nice one. I've never seen it and it's well balanced. Usually when people go for an unconventional look colours tend to clash
I find anything under 9lbs is fine, anything much over that is uncomfortable for me, even playing seated.

The guitar looks great Nick.