60th Anniversary Jaguars

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

GreenKnee

60th Anniversary Jaguars

Post by GreenKnee »

£2500, limited quantities available. 'Mystic' versions of some classic colours; dakota red and lake placid blue.

Not much on specs yet other than 60th anniversary pickups. I wouldn't be surprised if these are B&B American Originals in a couple of new colours.
BearBoy

Re: 60th Anniversary Jaguars

Post by BearBoy »

There's also a 60th Anniversary Ultra Luxe Jaguar in Texas Tea:

Only 500 available worldwide.

For players who demand the ultimate in performance and tone, American Ultra is our most advanced series of guitars and basses. Celebrating the introduction of Fender’s top-of-the-line offset instrument of ‘62, the 60th Anniversary American Ultra Luxe Jaguar is a stunning modern take on one of Fender’s most unique high-end models.

This Jaguar features the Ultra Luxe Augmented “D” neck with a 25.5” scale for modern playability. The tapered neck heel allows easy access to the highest register and ultra-rolled fingerboard edges allow for endless playing comfort. A speedy 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard with 22 stainless steel medium-jumbo frets means effortless and accurate soloing, while the Custom Double Tap humbucking pickups and advanced wiring options provide endless tonal possibilities.

Sculpted rear body contours are as beautiful as they are functional, increasing accessibility and comfort. Other features include sealed locking tuning machines, chrome hardware and a TUSQ nut. This state-of-the-art, limited-edition instrument will inspire you to push your playing to new heights. Includes premium molded hardshell case.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Blurb for the Mystic ones:
Only 250 available worldwide.

The 60th Anniversary Jaguar models celebrate the introduction of Fender’s top-of-the-line offset instrument of 1962. The Jaguar was introduced as Fender’s premium offering and was advertised as a “faster, more comfortable guitar.”

The 60th Anniversary Jaguar is instantly recognizable with its iconic offset-waist body, slinky 24” short scale, elegant bound rosewood fingerboard inlaid with pearloid block position markers and matching painted headstock. Other era correct details include an alder body with nitrocellulose lacquer finish, lead/rhythm circuit, ""F"" tuners and Jaguar tremolo system with adjustable string mute.

A pair of 60th Anniversary Jaguar pickups provide a host of inspiring tones, ranging from slashing rhythm sounds to round, warm lead tones. The guitar features an engraved neckplate with a 60th anniversary logo, which is also embroidered on the interior of the included hardshell case. Offered in two vintage-inspired colors, Mystic Dakota Red and Mystic Lake Placid Blue, this model will be available in very limited numbers.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Mystic Dakota Red looks an awful lot like CAR
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

It’s cool to have a full scale Jag. Shame about the ugly string through. It just looks weird on a Jag. Ebony board is a nice addition too.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Not terribly excited about any of these really.

there are a couple of nice colour option squier Jags too.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Hurb wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:40 pm Not terribly excited about any of these really.
Park me here.

They could have done something truly exciting with like Inca Silver or something but they didn't. Yawn.

They both would benefit a non tortoiseshell scratchplate too
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

the torts used on those jags are unfortunate, and the string-through matched with a TOM bridge on the texas thingy is... a choice i guess.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

dots wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:31 pm the torts used on those jags are unfortunate, and the string-through matched with a TOM bridge on the texas thingy is... a choice i guess.
What exactly is the division of when it just becomes a funny shaped Les Paul?
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
NickD

Post by NickD »

plopswagon wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:50 am
dots wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:31 pm the torts used on those jags are unfortunate, and the string-through matched with a TOM bridge on the texas thingy is... a choice i guess.
What exactly is the division of when it just becomes a funny shaped Les Paul?
Maple top.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

^BOOM!

Someone should build a full on Jaguar shaped Les Paul, call it the Less Kurtz
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

plopswagon wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:55 pm ^BOOM!

Someone should build a full on Jaguar shaped Les Paul, call it the Less Kurtz
That's how the shotgun is.... oh, nevermind
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

oh, dang...
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

:lol:
► Show Spoiler
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

the 60th Anniversary American Ultra Luxe Jaguar

features the Ultra Luxe Augmented “D” neck with a 25.5” scale

Custom Double Tap humbucking pickups

sealed locking tuning machines, chrome hardware and a TUSQ nut.
► Show Spoiler
GreenKnee

Post by GreenKnee »

I'm really disappointed by these guitars :( I actually started saving early last year to allow me to be able to afford whatever they were releasing for the 60th anniversary. Alas, the gaudy finish and blocks isn't to my taste and I already have an AO, the only difference is the 7,25" radius, right? The LesPauluar is just mind-boggling. It's hideous and the only thing Jag about it is the 2 chrome plates.
With the price of these things I don't think I'm going to be buying a new guitar for a long time. Nice one Fender, you've priced out your loyal fans, not sure how that's going to work for you in the years to come.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

My objection is more about the kind of music they seem to make you play.
► Show Spoiler
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

GreenKnee wrote:Ithe only thing Jag about it is the 2 chrome plates.

there was a "jaguar" released several years back that didn't even have that! you had the jag/jazz shape, and i think it may have still been shortscale. but they still kept the name. i fought like hell against that one.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

This is why it’s important to vote in the primaries.
► Show Spoiler