Post by Bacchus »

M18?
20211211_130219.jpg
20211211_130219.jpg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 2142 times
Mike
I like EL34s

Re: A Slightly oops NPD: Line 6 M13

Post by Mike »

I've always fancied an M9 after seeing Hurb and Doog et al do fun things with them over the years but never even tried one.

I had a lot of those tonecore pedals back in the day though that you used to be able to pick the modules up for cheap for, and I think a lot of the models are common - biggest unknown is the drives I guess.

I've bid on one but I won't win it as I don't have the minerals. Would be happy either way - win and I get a new toy for Xmas / lose and I can breathe a sigh of relief that I only splurged on a jogging suit to be sick in comfort in during my COVID illness,

A man of my sartorial elegance owns no jogging suits in normal life
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

Bacchus wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:03 pm M18?

20211211_130219.jpg
More useful than the actual M18
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Haha awesome fun.
lorez

Post by lorez »

loving the sounds in the 2nd video a lot. Sounds epic
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Second video had a cool War of the Worlds/space whale/black hole vibe. New noise album in the works!!!
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I finally sat down and spent a few hours today learning how to actually use this pedal instead of just dicking about and enjoying the madness. I'm still focussing on making weird sounds with it, but leaving weird sounds to one side, the ability to have so many units just a tap or two away, plus all the control you get from the expression pedals, makes this brilliant just for normal guitaring. So many QoL options compared to a normal pedal board.

I've thought that everyone should have an M5 lying around, given how cheap they are second hand. The price of the M13 has got to the point that I think that's probably true for it as well.

How is everyone else getting on with their's?
NickS

Post by NickS »

Still using the M9 atm.
Personal pronouns he/him
NickS

Post by NickS »

Bacchus wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:24 pm I'm redoing my pedalboard. Right at the front I have

M13
Personal pronouns he/him
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Always wanted to muck about with an M9 or M5 to see if it would work for me but never had the chance
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

They are dead good. The fact you can effectively use the 'units' as standalone pedals makes the system very accessible and familiar, as all of the parameters you see on the screen/s have their own instantly accessible knob, no submenu shit required.

It's one thing it has over the HX Stomp I've been using as an "amp and sometimes pedals" platform for a while now, it's a way more 'linear' experience. I see the M9 as best of all worlds since you get the looper and multiple 'units' in a smaller footprint
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

They definitely seem super solid which is why I bid on and lost a few M9s towards the end of 2021.

I just know my stupid brain would get annoyed (completely irrationally) if it doesn't do everything well, like if for example the drives were a let down. And I know this is fucking DUMB because I make pedals and I can sort that out myself no fucking worries - I dunno why but when a pedal has options (or an amp for that sake) if one of those options is not stellar, I hold it against it and fixate on trying to get that working to my satisfaction and then eventually get annoyed and stop using it rather than just saying QUE SERA I'll just use a different pedal / not use that channel.

The fuck is wrong with me.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I have a love hate relationship with my m9. The sounds in it are good. The format is pretty much as good as any multi fx can be, but it still feels lacking somehow. I spend more time messing with it than just stomping on it and enjoying it. The looper is great though. I am mostly using it for silly synth sounds and the looper. I could probably get a better standalone synth pedal with a smaller footprint.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Hurb wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:55 am I have a love hate relationship with my m9. The sounds in it are good. The format is pretty much as good as any multi fx can be, but it still feels lacking somehow. I spend more time messing with it than just stomping on it and enjoying it. The looper is great though. I am mostly using it for silly synth sounds and the looper. I could probably get a better standalone synth pedal with a smaller footprint.
That sounds exactly what I am afraid of. I have had this experience with a few bits of gear and I’m pretty sure I’m the problem
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I am entirely convinced it's my own fault!

I think I would probably have a better time if I used the scenes more. As it stands I kinda use it like 6 independent stomp boxes and whilst 6 is obviously plenty...at the same time I always want more. :roll:
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

No such thing as perfect, lads.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

Bacchus wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:21 pm
How is everyone else getting on with their's?
Got mine very late 2021 because of all the shortscale talk and the fact that I wanted to get into pedals but wasn’t interested or financially prepared to start buying one of each so this seemed the best compromise of tweakability and emulating an actual daisy chain of pedals without having to buy and daisy chain a bunch of pedals.

The jury is still out as I’ve not messed with it enough because I’m too busy trying to fix up guitars rather than play them.

Joining the chorus of “self made mental obstacles” regarding this unit, I bought it with the mindset of “oh boy, this unit does 4 stomp boxes at once, that’s more than I’ll ever need!” and within 2 days was feeling that I was wasting valuable M13 space on things like compression and graphic eq’s and that I should immediately buy stand alone units for all that “basic” stuff so that I can have 4 M13 channels of weird delays and echoes running into each other
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

Mine is still in its box since I had it because I’ve had fuck all time to get my rig out and plug in. Actually considering selling all my gear until work/wife/child give me just half an hour to myself to pick up a fucking guitar.
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Progrockabuse wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:36 pm Mine is still in its box since I had it because I’ve had fuck all time to get my rig out and plug in. Actually considering selling all my gear until work/wife/child give me just half an hour to myself to pick up a fucking guitar.
Don't hold your breath like. I would advise holding onto the gear rather than waiting for time.