Gibson

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

sunshiner

Gibson

Post by sunshiner »

I'm looking through the current models and can't help thinking that Gibson has been really killing it for the last couple of years. Yes, they've made their lower priced guitars more expensive but can you really expect a made in the US guitar to be cheaper than $1k these days? American Fenders are no cheaper.

The Original Colllection SGs including Special and Junior, the Modern collection SG Tribute, Tribute Les Paul and Les Paul Specials all look so damn nice and the modern collection ones mentioned above are all sporting a rounded neck profile - the correct one
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
GreenKnee

Post by GreenKnee »

I can't remember the last time I wanted a guitar as much as I want the new Iommi SG junior...

sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Yeah, that one's cool.. though it's a Special with two pickups. Iommi's called Monkey and they made a Custom Shop limited run for $20 000 a piece - ridiculous money for any new guitar. More of a collector's thing to resell it in twenty years for god knows what kind of money.

The one you posted is a Gibson USA model based on the current Special, probably $2.4 with a regular Special being $1.5
GreenKnee

Post by GreenKnee »

sunshiner wrote:Yeah, that one's cool.. though it's a Special with two pickups. Iommi's called Monkey and they made a Custom Shop limited run for $20 000 a piece - ridiculous money for any new guitar. More of a collector's thing to resell it in twenty years for god knows what kind of money.

The one you posted is a Gibson USA model based on the current Special, probably $2.4 with a regular Special being $1.5
An extra pickup, a repositioned strap button and a monkey sticker in the case all for an extra $900... I'll take it! :wink:
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

A bargain for sure :D
paul_

Post by paul_ »

All Specials have two pickups (single pickup version is a Junior) and that is pretty blatantly an Iommi-themed model/cleverer purchase than any model that actually has his name on it.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
GreenKnee

Post by GreenKnee »

paul_ wrote:All Specials have two pickups (single pickup version is a Junior) and that is pretty blatantly an Iommi-themed model/cleverer purchase than any model that actually has his name on it.
This does actually have his name on the back of the headstock, it's a new model they've released.

Iommi SG

The more I look at it, the more I want it
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

I like a regular Pelham Blues Special better tbh, but Iommi model looks great non the less
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

What's that black shit around the pickups ?
dots wrote:incesticide
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Forget Tommy, what about the Kirk Douglas model? They shoulda named it Spartacus!
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

plopswagon wrote:Forget Tommy, what about the Kirk Douglas model? They shoulda named it Chinasshole
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

:lol:
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

robroe wrote:What's that black shit around the pickups ?
sabbath
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"