Jag-Stang Reissue comes true?

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Looks like it: LANK
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Pictures from Andertons:

Lefties too (although they just appear to have reversed the RH photos?):

ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Wow, MIM this time but $1250? Ouch!

Can't find em on the USA site yet.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Yeah, that's a new Mexican Jag-stang for more than the price of a "vintage" Japanese Jag-stang?

Or have the prices of the originals climbed that much?
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

probably a bit of both. i bought my (since stolen) jag-stang in 1997 new for $700.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Everything gets crazy expensive. "Original" CV Squier Duos go for some crazy money when there are Offset series Fender Duos everywhere around going for a half of what they're asking for a Squier.
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
SAVEStheDAY

Post by SAVEStheDAY »

I kinda wish they would add some contours, or maybe give us new colors. Oh well, at least Stratosphere might part them out and sell some necks.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

much as i would love to see them upgrade the body with contours, that at least is original design. the colors are what confound me. an oly white w/ tort or a black w/ pearloid would be amazing. more cowbell got a warmoth j-stang ages ago that was a dark silver w/ tort and black pickups that i always that looked ace. i guess we should just be "thankful" they're bringing them back. i've been wanting to pickup a vintage one, but the scarcity and price for the condition they're in has gotten outta line.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

and hallelujah for fender releasing lefty models, too. they'll get a (left) arm and leg for them, no doubt, though...
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

dots wrote:Can't find em on the USA site yet.
they clearly were watching this thread as the guitars are now up on the fender USA site. (lefty version)
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Nice to see the lefties! Will be interesting to see what the neck profile is like. It says narrow C, but nut is wider than the originals.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

But yeah they’re damn expensive!
GreenKnee

Post by GreenKnee »

I'm glad I've had one before and know that they're not for me because I'd very tempted otherwise. Other than the neck I found it all underwhelming and uncomfortable.
Will still try and get to a shop to try one out though
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

I'll build you one for $900

also it will take me over 37 years
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

dots wrote:Wow, MIM this time but $1250? Ouch!

Can't find em on the USA site yet.
The original Jag-Stangs sold for around what a Squier CV does in the US now.

And they’re shit guitars. Fender were about as lazy as possible translating the crayon drawings of a man unknowledgeable in the technical realm (or even what a typical Fender Jaguar was like). I feel like someone who worked on the JS was capable of fixing it, they just decided not to because they wanted people to believe that Cobain liked it that way, even though his tech ripped out the bridge and pickups, shimmed the neck, etc

Literally just 500k pots solves 80% of a Jag-Stang’s problems. Then you just have a lumpy MIJ Mustang of slightly poorer build quality which is capable of SGtoanz
Last edited by paul_ on Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Shouldn't all real Cobain fans go left handed to really honor him? And all Les Paul appreciaters have their elbows shattered. And Bob Dylan's fans crash on a motorbike. Or else don't call yourself a fan
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

And as for these weekend warrior Sabbath prats... call me when you have trouble dialing, Junior.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Oh shit, did they fix the pickguard? $1300 justified.