Free Jazzmaster body project - now with the videos! ITS FINISHED

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

haha!

Cheers Nick.

3 coats in

I am going to give it a sand smooth and then a 4th coat.

Someone asked on instagram if I plan on clear coating it and I am not entirely sure what to do in that reguard.
Speaking of guards I am in talks with someone to make me a black anodised aluminium guard with Jaguar switches instead of a toggle.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Just saw your pic on insta and it looks amazing. I reckon a black anodised guard would be quality too. Personally I’d always pick a toggle over Jag switches though.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Thom wrote:Just saw your pic on insta and it looks amazing. I reckon a black anodised guard would be quality too. Personally I’d always pick a toggle over Jag switches though.
100% knew the switches would be unpopular! :lol: its partially for the look. But on my black jag I have wired it with series parallel mod and I really like it. Plus having the strangle switch will be cool.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Yeah fair play, I had the series/parallel mod on my old Jag when I had P90s in it and it sounded huge. What pickups are you putting in this one?
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Thom wrote:Yeah fair play, I had the series/parallel mod on my old Jag when I had P90s in it and it sounded huge. What pickups are you putting in this one?
Not sure. I used to really like my antiquity II's I used to have.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

That looks fantastic. Tru-oil clear?
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Bacchus wrote:That looks fantastic. Tru-oil clear?
cheers!
Yeah that might a good shout. I tried a little renaissance wax on some scrap I tried the stain on first and it kinda lifted the stain off. So I am going to have to be careful.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Hurb wrote:
Thom wrote:Yeah fair play, I had the series/parallel mod on my old Jag when I had P90s in it and it sounded huge. What pickups are you putting in this one?
Cool. Probably not your thing but I’ve got a Jazzy Vmod bridge pup in my parts box you can have for cheepz if you need.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Thom wrote:
Hurb wrote:
Cool. Probably not your thing but I’ve got a Jazzy Vmod bridge pup in my parts box you can have for cheepz if you need.
Cheers Thom. Yeah I should be sensible and accept the kind offer...but I am going to have to stick to the traditional jazzmaster pickup construction for this one.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Wise man, it’s a shit bridge pup anyway :lol: (though I do like the neck version)
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Thom wrote:Wise man, it’s a shit bridge pup anyway :lol: (though I do like the neck version)
haha the hard sell :lol:
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

:lol:
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I reckon if those Jaggly switches are black against a dark scratchy (or the opposite) it'll look super sick, stealthy
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Doog wrote:I reckon if those Jaggly switches are black against a dark scratchy (or the opposite) it'll look super sick, stealthy
I agree...I am trying to decide how far I go with the black colour scheme. Like screws? Bridge? Tremolo?
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I personally love keeping the metal screws against black; Puisheen's 'Vader' is such a beast that I always look to longingly:

plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Doog wrote:I personally love keeping the metal screws against black; Puisheen's 'Vader' is such a beast that I always look to longingly:

Kinda Halford-esq

► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Doog wrote:I personally love keeping the metal screws against black; Puisheen's 'Vader' is such a beast that I always look to longingly:

Yeah good example!
You can get a cheapo black trem and bridge from amazon and reverb. Rather than the anodised mastery stuff that will be fuck ton expensive.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

For my money, it'll still look great with chrome hardware; another similar model by the same geezer

Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

found a brushed mastery tremolo on reverb for less than normal but its in Singapore...no idea on how long that will take or tax bollox.

plus its a mastery. :lol:
NickS

Post by NickS »

Hurb wrote:found a brushed mastery tremolo on reverb for less than normal but its in Singapore...no idea on how long that will take or tax bollox.

plus
Toyah wrote:its a mastery
. :lol:

Sorry.