Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

((thumup)
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Re: Recovery Effects Shortwave

Post by dots »

Thom wrote:I ordered this about 7 weeks ago in the hope that it would arrive by today (my birthday) and it just made it yesterday! Opened it up this morning and have had a quick play for about 10 mins and it's totally awesome and crazy. It's a lo-fi radio and wire recorder emulator (whatever that means!) and goes from subtle lo-fi to crazy destroy your signal type sounds with modulation thrown in. Sounds really cool, and useable too, not just crazy. Tried it before and after dirt and decided it sounded better before, which was good as it meant a straight swap into the pedalboard! Obviously got rogered by the comedy tax and handling fee, but it's my birthday so... Feel like this is a pedal I'm going to have to send to Hurb at some point to demo on his Youtube channel.

http://recoveryeffects.com/collections ... -emulation

► Show Spoiler
ordered one of these today. i'm doing a little bit of a re-org and re-fit of my pedalboard, and since i'm ditching the space-hog flashback x4, there's some space to have a bit more fun that i plan to take full advantage.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Excellent! It’s a lot of fun, still liking mine a lot.
NickS

Re: Recovery Effects Shortwave

Post by NickS »

Thom wrote:It's a lo-fi radio and wire recorder emulator (whatever that means!)
Before tape, magnetic recorders used wire.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wire_recording
There's a black and white movie that I can't remember the details of in which an incriminating piece of recorder wire is discovered hidden in plain view wrapped around the handle of something.
Personal pronouns he/him
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Thanks! Never knew that
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Thom wrote:Excellent! It’s a lot of fun, still liking mine a lot.
awesome. am excite! haven't gotten a new pedal in ages, and today i ordered three!
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Nice! What else did you go for?
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

ordered a flashback 2 as i like the features in tce's devices, just not the footprint of the X4. also ordered a keener lunar overdrive as my OCD is in need of repair (the hi/lo switch broke, gonna repair and possibly sell). rounded out with an ernie ball jr. sized volume pedal.

the impetus is partially that my son is building me a fender blender clone (which likely means i'll ditch my Joker fuzz), but it's also in part because i'm between creative projects and looking for something to keep my right brain fed. 8)
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

dots wrote:ordered a flashback 2 as i like the features in tce's devices, just not the footprint of the X4.
I got a FB2 earlier this year, v cool and useful. I mainly got it because I wanted to do very specific things with the inbuilt MASH 'expression' pedal (since you can programme custom presets via software). Of course, I then tracked down a few pedals that did it out of the box so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd sell you mine bro-deal style if it wasn't such a shipping cost!
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

that's my thing, too, hate to saddle anybody with import fees.

but i will go and list the X4 in the classifieds which would be the first of its kind for me since what feels like the 80s.

great feedback on the fb2. if i hate it, i'll try something else. i'm not really that much a delay guy, but going w/o always ends up with me wanting one.

still considering options for EQ and compression.