Fender/ Squier 2021

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderator: mods

User avatar
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1
Posts: 49936
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:00 pm

Post: # 1410879Post robroe »

i think i can use this BIG ASS FUCKING LIST of amps to make a condensed MSPAINT masterpiece of the small amps speks
dots wrote:incesticide
User avatar
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1
Posts: 49936
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:00 pm

Post: # 1410881Post robroe »

Image

Going to research newer models and specs later when I get to work.


If these numbers are off my shite drawing, blame that website of truth and knowledge not me.
dots wrote:incesticide
User avatar
sunshiner
.
.
Posts: 5675
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:05 pm
Location: Around the corner

Post: # 1410885Post sunshiner »

It's not just speakers and watts, circuits are different. Blackface/Silverface era amps have that trademark pristine clean Fender sound that no other amps have. Most of the cheaper amps gravitate towards generic Marshall sound with muffled cleans, early break up and thick distortion. Blackface/Silverface amps are considered better pedal platforms because they have that initial transparent texture to the sound. Plus they have some of the best spring reverbs among all amps
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
User avatar
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1
Posts: 49936
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:00 pm

Post: # 1410887Post robroe »

sunshiner wrote:It's not just speakers and watts, circuits are different. Blackface/Silverface era amps have that trademark pristine clean Fender sound that no other amps have. Most of the cheaper amps gravitate towards generic Marshall sound with muffled cleans, early break up and thick distortion. Blackface/Silverface amps are considered better pedal platforms because they have that initial transparent texture to the sound. Plus they have some of the best spring reverbs among all amps
everything i posted is blackface/silverface era.
dots wrote:incesticide
User avatar
sunshiner
.
.
Posts: 5675
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:05 pm
Location: Around the corner

Post: # 1410889Post sunshiner »

Pro Jr and Blues Jr are from Hot Rod series. Also it's a response to another thread as well where Vibro Champ was put against Excelsior and other cheaper alternatives
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
User avatar
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1
Posts: 49936
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:00 pm

Post: # 1410905Post robroe »

Still working on vibro champ and excelsior, I'm gonna put that superchamp xd 2.0 or whatever it is

I thought the deluxe and the deville were the hotrod series
dots wrote:incesticide
User avatar
BearBoy
.
.
Posts: 6672
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:27 am
Location: Strung up to the lemons

Post: # 1410907Post BearBoy »

robroe wrote:I thought the deluxe and the deville were the hotrod series
They are. As are the Blues Junior and Pro Junior.

http://shop.fender.com/en-US/guitar-am ... e/hot-rod/
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
User avatar
mkt3000
.
.
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:01 pm
Location: Miami

Post: # 1410998Post mkt3000 »

BearBoy wrote:Image
Perfection.

I will own this eventually.

Just gotta get a job and a place in my new city first.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
User avatar
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO
Posts: 62619
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:11 am
Location: Skrampa, FL

Post: # 1411172Post theshadowofseattle »

Cool

No good new guitars this year so I can focus on getting more 2020 teles.
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
User avatar
Mike
I like EL34s
Posts: 38969
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:30 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Contact:

Post: # 1411396Post Mike »

gusman2x wrote:£799 for the Champ. Think I’d buy a s/h 68 Princeton reissue instead. 5W at home would be cool, but I’m fine with 15W also. In fact, I’d like to replace my Laney VC15 as it’s fairly unreliable, and the Princeton would be a like for like swap.

If I was 100% getting a champ, I’d buy a real silver face for the same price as a reissue.
Yeah, for sure. I have a '68 Princeton Reverb Custom RI and it's just lovely

Image

Proper spring reverb tank, lovely tremelo. Plenty clean headroom.

I got mine ex demo for less than these new Champs are going for. Can also be very simply modded to close to the blackface RI which is very much more expensive

Second hand they seem to be still pretty spendy though. Brexit?

[youtube][/youtube]
User avatar
Noirie.
YOUTH
Posts: 5338
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Post: # 1411429Post Noirie. »

theshadowofseattle wrote:Cool

No good new guitars this year so I can focus on getting more 2020 teles.
What happened with that borked Tele Deluxe?
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
User avatar
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO
Posts: 62619
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:11 am
Location: Skrampa, FL

Post: # 1411447Post theshadowofseattle »

Noirie. wrote:
theshadowofseattle wrote:Cool

No good new guitars this year so I can focus on getting more 2020 teles.
What happened with that borked Tele Deluxe?
I sent it back to Bezos and bought 3 different teles since then.
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
User avatar
plopswagon
.
.
Posts: 14572
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:32 pm
Location: Behind you. Don't turn around
Contact:

Post: # 1411449Post plopswagon »

...and 56 Muff pedals.
theshadowofseattle wrote:Happy birthday dot
Hurb wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:31 amIts like Mumford and Sons never happened.
Image
User avatar
Fakir Mustache
.
.
Posts: 4202
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Post: # 1411453Post Fakir Mustache »

theshadowofseattle wrote:
Noirie. wrote:
theshadowofseattle wrote:Cool

No good new guitars this year so I can focus on getting more 2020 teles.
What happened with that borked Tele Deluxe?
I sent it back to Bezos and bought 3 different teles since then.
Are they all black?
User avatar
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO
Posts: 62619
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:11 am
Location: Skrampa, FL

Post: # 1411495Post theshadowofseattle »

Fakir Mustache wrote:
theshadowofseattle wrote:
Noirie. wrote: What happened with that borked Tele Deluxe?
I sent it back to Bezos and bought 3 different teles since then.
Are they all black?
One is green!
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
User avatar
singlepup
.
.
Posts: 4200
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:27 am
Location: San Diego

Post: # 1411502Post singlepup »

Mike wrote:
gusman2x wrote:£799 for the Champ. Think I’d buy a s/h 68 Princeton reissue instead. 5W at home would be cool, but I’m fine with 15W also. In fact, I’d like to replace my Laney VC15 as it’s fairly unreliable, and the Princeton would be a like for like swap.

If I was 100% getting a champ, I’d buy a real silver face for the same price as a reissue.
Yeah, for sure. I have a '68 Princeton Reverb Custom RI and it's just lovely

Proper spring reverb tank, lovely tremelo. Plenty clean headroom.

I got mine ex demo for less than these new Champs are going for. Can also be very simply modded to close to the blackface RI which is very much more expensive

Second hand they seem to be still pretty spendy though. Brexit?
I had the 68 Princeton Custom as well and it was ace. Only sold it to upgrade to the 68 Deluxe as I thought I'd be gigging with it. Turns out I McCartney'd and became the gigging bassist.
User avatar
jagsonic
.
.
Posts: 799
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:57 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post: # 1412344Post jagsonic »

is this thing new - or just new to me? http://www.thomann.de/de/fender_sq_cv_ ... ng_lpb.htm

Image
User avatar
gusman2x
.
.
Posts: 4198
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Manchester U.K.

Post: # 1412345Post gusman2x »

Mike wrote:
Yeah, for sure. I have a '68 Princeton Reverb Custom RI and it's just lovely

Image

Proper spring reverb tank, lovely tremelo. Plenty clean headroom.

I got mine ex demo for less than these new Champs are going for. Can also be very simply modded to close to the blackface RI which is very much more expensive

Second hand they seem to be still pretty spendy though. Brexit?

[youtube][/youtube]
I missed this earlier. Damn it, now I REALLY want one. Lovely demo.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
User avatar
Doog
mid-century modem
Posts: 22121
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:49 pm
Location: London

Post: # 1412346Post Doog »

jagsonic wrote:is this thing new - or just new to me? http://www.thomann.de/de/fender_sq_cv_ ... ng_lpb.htm
Looks to be new, just up on Andertons for pre-order as of 6 days ago.

http://www.andertons.co.uk/brands/squi ... ingerboard
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
User avatar
Nick
Y'SEE!?
Posts: 8944
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:13 am
Location: Albany, NY

Post: # 1412349Post Nick »

Doog wrote:
jagsonic wrote:is this thing new - or just new to me? http://www.thomann.de/de/fender_sq_cv_ ... ng_lpb.htm
Looks to be new, just up on Andertons for pre-order as of 6 days ago.

http://www.andertons.co.uk/brands/squi ... ingerboard
Might be new to Europe, I think we’ve had them for a year or two.
Post Reply