Fender/ Squier 2021

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

robroe wrote:
DanHeron wrote:Not a guitar, but this silverface Vibro Champ is cool:

There's a Pro Reverb as well.
if they came out with a 12 watt amp, with a 15" speaker and charged 350 dollars for it would any of you be interested ?
Nope. The Vaporizer and Excelsior had a super limited (and dumb, in the case of the Vaporizer) feature set. I'd prefer to pay more for something that did more than one or two sounds, admittedly not at the prices they're asking for these new ones.

They just looking so fucking good tho
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
henkstroem

Post by henkstroem »

BearBoy wrote:
robroe wrote:THIS TELE LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE RUBBED THEIR BALLS ALL OVER THE PICKGUARD FOR LIKE 16 HOURS

VINTAGEEEEEEEEEEEE
I don't think Chrissie Hynde has balls?
Some people prefer their guitars rubbed with other peoples balls i guess
henkstroem

Post by henkstroem »

Liking the champ, even though seems old fashioned to have onbord effects. A proper champ with less knobs would fit this day and age of superb reverb and other pedals better. Will therefore stick to ’75 champ amp because it’s more contemporary in concept.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

You can get a Marshall comparable to that Vibro Champ Reverb, for less than half the price. With the reverb, but without the tremolo. Instead with a Marshall high gain preamp. Seems like a much better deal. Also looks like a classic Marshall and they're not charging for the look.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

lol yeah ok
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

can you do a A/B of the marshal and fender you are talking about? cuz i don't know fuck about marshals.

my point about the Excelsior was if you took all the guts out of the brown cabinet and then stuck them in a silverface cabinet it would sell like fucking mad
I'm guessing it would be cheaper to produce than the brown one I got because they got all the shit laying around the shop ready to go already that you have been using for 50 years and you don't gotta fuck with something that looks like matched luggage from the 60's
dots wrote:incesticide
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

henkstroem wrote:
BearBoy wrote:
robroe wrote:THIS TELE LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE RUBBED THEIR BALLS ALL OVER THE PICKGUARD FOR LIKE 16 HOURS

VINTAGEEEEEEEEEEEE
I don't think Chrissie Hynde has balls?
yeah like what if David Bowie took Chrissie's guitar back in like 1982 or whatever and then him and that depesh mode fuck grinded thier junk all over her pickgard she might have kept it that way. or she might have been so grossed out by thier caveman 80's balls that she didn't want to touch the pickguard and thats what you get now from fender.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Ball rub or no, 7.25" radius and that lovely blue make the Chrissie Hynde Tele pretty nice.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Ankhanu wrote:Ball rub or no, 7.25" radius and that lovely blue make the Chrissie Hynde Tele pretty nice.
listening to Pretenders now
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

robroe wrote:put ALL THE PARTS ON ONE BASS

I quite like this.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

^ I have to be real honest, I am vehemently opposed.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Got a strong “I don’t know� feeling on it... it’s like a Deluxe P-Bass mashed together with an 80s Ric 400x. I want to like it, but I think I don’t - worst of both worlds deal.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

I mean it looks like it was made to hang indefinitely in a pawn shop with a busted string
► Show Spoiler
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

plopswagon wrote:I mean it looks like it was made to hang indefinitely in a pawn shop with a busted string
:lol:
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I kinda like it, just because it looks like the sort of cartoon guitar that would probably be played by that “Rock Rock Rock with the Rock� band from that Chick tract.

ImageImage
henkstroem

Post by henkstroem »

robroe wrote:
henkstroem wrote:
BearBoy wrote: I don't think Chrissie Hynde has balls?
yeah like what if David Bowie took Chrissie's guitar back in like 1982 or whatever and then him and that depesh mode fuck grinded thier junk all over her pickgard she might have kept it that way. or she might have been so grossed out by thier caveman 80's balls that she didn't want to touch the pickguard and thats what you get now from fender.
Now I know which guitar people send to Fender when they get asked to send something to cook up a signature model from. Also, where are all road worn models, maybe guitar factory workers rights movement has reached ball level.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Doog wrote:
DanHeron wrote:Not a guitar, but this silverface Vibro Champ is cool:

There's a Pro Reverb as well.
Such beautiful little things. The Pro Reverb has an added Middle control and a proper spring tank:

but I love the form factor of that Vibro Champ.
both with the pretty blue jewel, too. beauty!

i have too many amps, tho...
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

is there a fuckin chart somewhere that tells me the difference between champ, princestoan, bronco, pro jr, blues jr,

champs have 8" speaker and princetoan have 10" traditionally but now all the wattages are mixed up. is a bronco just one of these amps rebadged ?
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Same as they were last week, yeah.
benecol wrote:
robroe wrote:
benecol wrote:Funny though innit - 10" speaker will take away a lot of the Champ-ness, I think. And onboard reverb... It's weirdly close to a Princeton.
are the old bronco amps Champ circuits with 10" speaker ?
Nope, all 8" speakers.
This took far more searching than I'd have liked (it's been buried under several years of internet) but this is literally the resource you've just asked for.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

benecol wrote:Same as they were last week, yeah.
benecol wrote:
robroe wrote: are the old bronco amps Champ circuits with 10" speaker ?
Nope, all 8" speakers.
This took far more searching than I'd have liked (it's been buried under several years of internet) but this is literally the resource you've just asked for.

NOW THIS IS PODRACING! 1.0