Jaguar owners opinions please

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderator: mods

User avatar
dezb1
The Oppressor
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:59 am
Location: glasgow
Contact:

Post: # 1405664Post dezb1 »

Mike wrote:Is it too late to correct your mistake and buy a Jaguar?
It is its in the post
Image
User avatar
dezb1
The Oppressor
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:59 am
Location: glasgow
Contact:

Post: # 1405666Post dezb1 »

gusman2x wrote:Man, when that was sound control, it was like a wet dream for me as a yoof!

Glad you’re getting it back, especially as you’d bonded with it. Good outcome.
Aye, sound control was the place to be.
Image
User avatar
singlepup
.
.
Posts: 4200
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:27 am
Location: San Diego

Post: # 1405672Post singlepup »

Awaiting a dezb1 JM demo now...

Great thread and made me a bit nostalgic. Some may recall that I made the double score in early 2012, picking up BOTH a VM Jag and Jazzy at Haight-Ashbury Music in San Francisco. Wonderful guitars that I sort of regret selling. I'd like another Squier Jag, but I really don't think I'd get along with narrow tall frets. Medium jumbo are fine, but vintage are always preferred. Right now the guitar of choice is a CV Strat in sunburst with a mint guard.
User avatar
dezb1
The Oppressor
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:59 am
Location: glasgow
Contact:

Post: # 1405676Post dezb1 »

singlepup wrote:Awaiting a dezb1 JM demo now...

Great thread and made me a bit nostalgic. Some may recall that I made the double score in early 2012, picking up BOTH a VM Jag and Jazzy at Haight-Ashbury Music in San Francisco. Wonderful guitars that I sort of regret selling. I'd like another Squier Jag, but I really don't think I'd get along with narrow tall frets. Medium jumbo are fine, but vintage are always preferred. Right now the guitar of choice is a CV Strat in sunburst with a mint guard.

A Dezb1 demo would be incredibly dull with me playing bits of riffs i can't play properly and you'd need subtitles for my Glaswegian accent... strung up to the lemons
Image
User avatar
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper
Posts: 6803
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:47 pm

Post: # 1405677Post Hurb »

Haha!
User avatar
Doog
mid-century modem
Posts: 22121
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:49 pm
Location: London

Post: # 1405678Post Doog »

Image

I will use my Karen admin powers to get this pushed to the front of the queue, with no mask
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
User avatar
dezb1
The Oppressor
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:59 am
Location: glasgow
Contact:

Post: # 1405689Post dezb1 »

Hurb wrote:Haha!
This has become my new parlance for well setup guitar
Image
User avatar
dezb1
The Oppressor
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:59 am
Location: glasgow
Contact:

Post: # 1405690Post dezb1 »

Doog wrote:Image

I will use my Karen admin powers to get this pushed to the front of the queue, with no mask
Make it so.
Image
User avatar
Mike
I like EL34s
Posts: 38969
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:30 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Contact:

Post: # 1405691Post Mike »

dezb1 wrote:
Mike wrote:Is it too late to correct your mistake and buy a Jaguar?
It is its in the post
I was only kidding like, you do you <3
User avatar
dezb1
The Oppressor
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:59 am
Location: glasgow
Contact:

Post: # 1405718Post dezb1 »

Mike wrote:
dezb1 wrote:
Mike wrote:Is it too late to correct your mistake and buy a Jaguar?
It is its in the post
I was only kidding like, you do you <3
I know, unfortunately it's still in the bloody post i was out of the house for 15 minutes today between 15:00 and 15:15 and the courier tried to deliver at 15:11 - I think the bastards watch for me leaving the house.
Image
User avatar
singlepup
.
.
Posts: 4200
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:27 am
Location: San Diego

Post: # 1405722Post singlepup »

Do you need to sign for the package? I've had many guitars and pedals left for me outside the door. However, I've just moved to a new house in a new neighborhood and apparently package thieving is a major issue here.
User avatar
dezb1
The Oppressor
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:59 am
Location: glasgow
Contact:

Post: # 1405723Post dezb1 »

singlepup wrote:Do you need to sign for the package? I've had many guitars and pedals left for me outside the door. However, I've just moved to a new house in a new neighborhood and apparently package thieving is a major issue here.
Some couriers will leave parcels at the rear of the house others others won't - ive had some literally thrown over my garden fence so atleast they didn't do that.
Image
User avatar
singlepup
.
.
Posts: 4200
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:27 am
Location: San Diego

Post: # 1405725Post singlepup »

Throw a guitar over a fence? Sure way to earn a 5-star review.
User avatar
NickD
.
.
Posts: 4962
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:41 am
Location: Sheffield, Innit

Post: # 1405732Post NickD »

Teh Kurtz is doing the deliveries.
User avatar
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest
Posts: 21995
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:10 am
Location: wandering

Post: # 1405735Post Bacchus »

I've had guitar left outside my flat before. Moving here from Belfast, I was pretty shocked, but I wasn't sure if I was more annoyed at the fecklessness of Exeter's postal workers or of Exeter's criminals.
Image
User avatar
Thom
lamp
Posts: 6020
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:23 am
Location: Exeter, UK

Post: # 1405758Post Thom »

Bacchus wrote:I wasn't sure if I was more annoyed at the fecklessness of Exeter's postal workers or of Exeter's criminals.
:lol:
User avatar
sunshiner
.
.
Posts: 5675
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:05 pm
Location: Around the corner

Post: # 1405765Post sunshiner »

Saw a video of a guy who moved to NYC from Russia. Delivery services leave parcels in the lobby of his building on the floor beneath the post boxes and they get regularly stolen by the tenants and their guests despite the cameras in the lobby.
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
User avatar
dezb1
The Oppressor
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:59 am
Location: glasgow
Contact:

Post: # 1405847Post dezb1 »

Ever get the feeling you're just not meant to have a certain instrument?

Image
Image

Just arrived
Image
User avatar
Noirie.
YOUTH
Posts: 5338
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Post: # 1405848Post Noirie. »

Lol more discounts yeah?
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
User avatar
BearBoy
.
.
Posts: 6672
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:27 am
Location: Strung up to the lemons

Post: # 1405849Post BearBoy »

Ah man. What a nightmare.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Post Reply