Shawn Mendez signature musicmaster

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

paul_ wrote:Cyclones and Toronados just aren’t that interesting on their own, plus they were devised at a time when only vintage-spec Mustangs and Jags could be had... the then-new novelty of grabbing something that vaguely looked like one of Kurt Cobain’s guitars and actually have it sound like Nirvana through some pedals and an amp was still exciting. And we *still* preferred to just buy vintage reissue guitars and spend an extra hundred bucks doing an TOM & JB.
Back when my Jag had a TOM and JB I tried a Toronado in the store and just thought “I don’t need this, I already have an Epiphone SG�

Plus, they aren’t rare and if current-day Fender reissued them the reissues would cost more than old ones on eBay do.

This pretend paisley pretend sig model for Shawn Mendes’s pretend charity foundation is gonna be like a thousand bucks/quid. Just find an old 90s MIM Duo and a 10 year old girl with a big sticker collection, they’ll sort it out for you.
Its 749$

Not sure what that is in Ls or Es though
dots wrote:incesticide
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

That’s 568 Island Pounds at today’s exchange rate. Fender pricing doesn’t tend to follow the exchange rates though and the list price over here seems to be £699.

Edit: Anderton’s have it up for £649.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Wish it was CV Squier. Would have been all over that.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

[youtube][/youtube]
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

rob, the image links you were posting were queries, not files, and the code here looks for file locations.

paul_, my perspective is a little different, and it's probably due mainly to timing of where i was at in my music listening, guitar playing, and the gear available at the time. i was all about super dark, dirty tones in the music i listened to as i was all about punk, metal, "grunge", and everything in between. mid to late 90s radio was very fertile ground for all of that as you're aware. having said that, i have never really cared for pointy guitars or super bright color schemes on them. the fender aesthetic with all their luscious curves and shiny chrome fit me great and always has.

when i started playing around 92, there were not a lot of options being manufactured outside of teles and strats, so seeing the jag-stang come a few years later and then followed by cyclones and toronados (and i'll add supersonics) later in the decade was exciting. they had different shapes/configs and differentiated themselves enough and had new names attached. for my unschooled, inexperienced wants, they were amazing. yeah, 25ish years' worth of learning and playing later, it was kind of a retread of what they did in the 70s in building frakenguitars with parts they had laying around, only back then they played more with body shapes.

i'm actually fine with that and even you calling them out as not that interesting. i disagree, but it's still far better in my view than calling something a jaguar that's not shortscale, has humbuckers, and sports virtually none of the aesthetic beyond the offset shape as did some blacktop thing they released years back. from a marketing standpoint it makes sense as it generates the name recognition, but it's not a jaguar any more than a toronado is.

this flowery guitar in the OP does about as much for me as any of the flowery guitars do: little. i don't hate or even dislike it, i just don't really care for it, but whatevs. another duo shaped guitar for roobs to add to his small collection of that body style and struggle posting pics to show off. =P
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Doog wrote:Image

Aww christ I cant.....this fuckin guy again?
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

The first thing he says is

"Who is this guy? I dont know anything about him, his music, or his foundation "

Why does this guy have a podcast when he cant be fucked to spend 5 minutes looking up basic things on wikipedia to provide information.

He sucks
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Now he making Menendez jokes about kids killing their parents.....
paul_

Post by paul_ »

benecol wrote:
dezb1 wrote:
robroe wrote:
it sounds like a baby getting raped inside a tin can.
That's one of the worst and most unnecessary things I've seen in print.
Apparently, you're mistaken, because Rob has been here longer than you, and this sort of post (in this case casually making light of the rape of infants) is what makes shortscale great. Apparently.
robroe wrote:go to fucking bed ben. shit.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

that was a totally different guy that ruined the new super sonic.

2 guys' 2 different super sonics.

the only thing in common is that both suck at what they were trying to do. play a really good sounding guitar on the internet. you have to work hard to make this guitar sound like shit. they accomplished it.

as far as baby rape goes, ive got like 50 dead baby jokes. dead baby in a blender jokes, dead baby on the bus jokes, dead baby in your moms crib jokes, like shit loads of dead baby jokes, i tried one rape baby joke and it crossed the line. now i know where the line is with ben i will strive not to cross it again.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I know, which is why you should drop the histrionics when you feel cornered. Works fine on Reddit, but we know who you are.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"