Finding the Right Shortscale

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

LewA

Mustang VM neck

Post by LewA »

Hi,
I've got a Mustang VM in Sonic Blue and find the neck far too clubby for me, I've got small hands (should have known better than to buy without trying). As a result it's just sat in it's gigbag waiting for me to get off my arse to do something about it or sell it on. So interested in Doog's post on getting a MM neck. Where would I get one? Grateful for any advice.

Lew
Lew A
jc808

Re: Mustang VM neck

Post by jc808 »

LewA wrote:Hi,
I've got a Mustang VM in Sonic Blue and find the neck far too clubby for me, I've got small hands (should have known better than to buy without trying). As a result it's just sat in it's gigbag waiting for me to get off my arse to do something about it or sell it on. So interested in Doog's post on getting a MM neck. Where would I get one? Grateful for any advice.

Lew
If you think the VM has a chunky neck, you may not want to replace it with a Musicmaster neck. Mine measures .088 at the 1st fret, .95 at the 12th. I think that’s pretty average for these.

The Classic Vibe seems to have a smaller neck. Maybe that’s the way to go?

Let me know if you decide to sell that VM!!