What Is This Bridge??

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

BridgerHumbucker

What Is This Bridge??

Post by BridgerHumbucker »

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone here could identify/give this bridge a name ( It comes off of a 2011
HH Squier Jaguar) I have been trying to tracking down another like it (with little success).
I am having a short scale guitar built and I need to find another like it
( I have already tried all the other outlets on the internet) any help would be appreciated.
Have a good week
BH

sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

It looks very much like a Danelectro bridge from 10 years ago though there are slight differences. Try Allparts "danelectro bridge", they sold it some time ago.

Personally I wouldn't like the idea of the saddles being screwed to the plate to hold the intonation. But that just me
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

It's out of stock and pricey as balls
allparts
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
BridgerHumbucker

sunshiner wrote:It looks very much like a Danelectro bridge from 10 years ago though there are slight differences. Try Allparts "danelectro bridge", they sold it some time ago.

Personally I wouldn't like the idea of the saddles being screwed to the plate to hold the intonation. But that just me
Thanks for replying, It's Very much like the Dano bridge, but the string spacing is different.
anyone else have an idea what it is?
cooter

Post by cooter »

Smells like Rock n' Roll
BridgerHumbucker

#1 Thank you #2 your going to find this funny, I was the guy that bought that bridge from that exact listing last year, the name they gave"Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Special Bridge" was basically a generic description, and I'm not sure that it did come off of that model they described. I still appreciate the effort
#3 Anyone have one for sale? I still need another one (also anyone else have an idea what it was officially called?)
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Collar City guitars is very local to me and a reputable shop. If they said they pulled a part off a specific model of guitar I would believe them.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

As far as I know these were only on those Squier Jaguars, Jazzmasters, and baritone Jazzmasters... not sure you’re gonna find a generic version.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

bro i know you are new and i don't want to scare you off because you came at us with some deep dive unreleased b-sides kind of shit. and I appreciate that. i do i really do. I LOVE IT.

► Show Spoiler

but i want to see your guitars, and projects, and pedals and amps too! i don't want this one thing to spoil it because it really is going to be hard as fuck to find, replace, mod, all the above
dots wrote:incesticide
BridgerHumbucker

robroe wrote:bro i know you are new and i don't want to scare you off because you came at us with some deep dive unreleased b-sides kind of shit. and I appreciate that. i do i really do. I LOVE IT.

► Show Spoiler

but i want to see your guitars, and projects, and pedals and amps too! i don't want this one thing to spoil it because it really is going to be hard as fuck to find, replace, mod, all the above
Hello, Thank you to Everyone that has replied, I appreciate all the input. As for scaring me off no problem, all good. Here's the deal,
I have arthritis and I ended up playing a short scale( 24 inch) HH jaguar 2011 Squier, it ended up being my main guitar, I became Very use to it ( all aspects of it, bridge included) I then bought another one, and then realized I am most comfortable with the not dano/dono type bridge, to the point I replaced the wobbly regular bridge with a not dano/dono type bridge on a Vintage modified Jaguar and that turned out great. Now Im having a guitar built for me (with a 24 inch scale ) and really would like ( no, I Need) a bridge just like that for it, nothing else will work for me. Soooo, if anyone out there has one hiding in a box, please let me know , I truly would appreciate it ( also, still, if anyone has a specific name for it, please let me know)
Thank You for your kind indulgence.
Last edited by BridgerHumbucker on Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

The name is probably some Fender factory number.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

The Fender part number for that bridge is: 0091534000

The service manual for that model is here: LANK

Nothing's coming up when I Google that part number though (apart from the Jaguar HH and Jazzmaster service manuals). You could try a Fender dealer or somewhere like Darren Riley?
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

The name for that bridge appears to be the super catchy "BRIDGE TOPLOAD CHROME W/BUSHINGS" :)
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

BridgerHumbucker wrote:
robroe wrote:bro i know you are new and i don't want to scare you off because you came at us with some deep dive unreleased b-sides kind of shit. and I appreciate that. i do i really do. I LOVE IT.

► Show Spoiler

Hello, Thank you to Everyone that has replied, I appreciate all the input. As for scaring me off no problem, all good. Here's the deal,
I have arthritis and I ended up playing a short scale( 24 inch) HH jaguar 2011 Squier, it ended up being my main guitar, I became Very use to it ( all aspects of it, bridge included) I then bought another one, and then realized I am most comfortable with the not dano/dono type bridge, to the point I replaced the wobbly regular bridge with a not dano/dono type bridge on a Vintage modified Jaguar and that turned out great. Now Im having a guitar built for me (with a 24 inch scale ) and really would like ( no, I Need) a bridge just like that for it, nothing else will work for me. Soooo, if anyone out there has one hiding in a box, please let me know , I truly would appreciate it ( also, still, if anyone has a specific name for it, please let me know)
Thank You for your kind indulgence.
We fight on here all the time about my love of back story and details. I'm all on board for helping you find this thing now.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

I would look at guitar centers used section daily. Those idiots dont know what they have half the time and you could probably snag a whole nother guitar with it for 150 bucks
BridgerHumbucker

robroe wrote:I would look at guitar centers used section daily. Those idiots dont know what they have half the time and you could probably snag a whole nother guitar with it for 150 bucks
That is a thought, but if I grabbed another HH jag for 150, I'd wanna keep the whole guitar as is and not pull the bridge off :)
Still searching, still hoping one of you fine people might have one or come across my mystery bridge, if you do Please let me know
BTW
Thanks again to EVERYONE that has replied, all is appreciated.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

You might already be doing this, but...
A fair number of people bought these Squiers with intent to mod... and many of those mods included swapping out the bridge. Hit up the various popular guitar forums where people post mods and search through the threads for projects with these. It’s possible the people who modded their bridges have the old one in a drawer somewhere, perhaps send the modded a DM.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
BridgerHumbucker

Ankhanu wrote:You might already be doing this, but...
A fair number of people bought these Squiers with intent to mod... and many of those mods included swapping out the bridge. Hit up the various popular guitar forums where people post mods and search through the threads for projects with these. It’s possible the people who modded their bridges have the old one in a drawer somewhere, perhaps send the modded a DM.
Good Idea, but the few places I've went too either want you to post 50 times 1st or are asking a fee. If you have some stipulation free site ideas, please let me know. Thank you
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

BridgerHumbucker wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:You might already be doing this, but...
Good Idea, but the few places I've went too either want you to post 50 times 1st or are asking a fee. If you have some stipulation free site ideas, please let me know. Thank you
I mean, if there are build threads, you could reply to the thread asking if they retained the bridge. If they have, keep posting and make yourself come across as respectable/trustworthy by the time you meet the PM/sales criteria.
Donate to Ankhanu Press