What we'll see from Squier/Fender at Winter NAMM 2019

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

BearBoy wrote:Fender Alternate Reality Electric XII 12-String - PF - Lake Placid Blue

£859

LANK
Guitar Guitar have them up for £754.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

I need a photo of Aen upstairs in the fender booth grinding on the POWERCASTER with his crotch.

DO IT U WONT
dots wrote:incesticide
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

im so happy they put decals on the thing. and the Sixty Six too.

it pisses me off when they make oddball shit and then just put FENDER on the headstock.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

ohh fuck sake. seriously?

comeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

robroe wrote:im so happy they put decals on the thing. and the Sixty Six too.

it pisses me off when they make oddball shit and then just put FENDER on the headstock.
Yeah, that used to bother me for some reason too.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

robroe wrote:ohh fuck sake. seriously?

really love that one too. Maybe it's time to sell my rick bass and buy a bunch of fenders and squiers again haha
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

watching Jimmy Page inside the fender factory next to 70-80 year old machines with a shit eating grin on his face having the time of his his life is worth your time.

put a smile on my face.

ive had these moments in my life. Mt. Palomar with Chico and Dots jumps into my mind first. Its like having a home, somewhere far, far away that you knew was there your whole life and just never got there.

[youtube][/youtube]
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

I kinda want the Dragon one.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Mike wrote:
BearBoy wrote:FUCK

Fender Alternate Reality Electric XII 12-String - PF - Lake Placid Blue

£859

LANK
Oh shit. Just when I start telling myself I can't imagine buying another guitar
I've been jonesing for a 12-string for a while... this might just be what I have to get.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Josh wrote:Damn, fender dropping some straight heat this year, taking some risks too. Might actually have to support this year on one of those 70's jaguars. Don't imagine I'll have that XII cash, but still cool they're bringing it back.
Good shit, Fender.
my sentiments exactly. now i'm super stoked for namm tomorrow!
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Jimmy Page's early telecaster sound was always underrated, he got that thing to sound seriously heavy. I'm surprised they didn't do this sooner. This release is nothing I'm interested in personally but it's cool for them to recognize that sound because it was epic.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

jcyphe wrote:Jimmy Page's Jeff Beck's early telecaster sound was always underrated...epic.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

robroe wrote:ohh fuck sake. seriously?

Kinda hilarious seeing this next to Teal Matt Sharp.

That bass in sunburst, and scheduled for gigantic chrome cover surgery, was already on my list.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

plopswagon wrote:
jcyphe wrote:Jimmy Page's Jeff Beck's early telecaster sound was always underrated...epic.
A lot of people associate Jeff Beck with the tele, even though he's one of the most outstanding Stratocaster players ever. Outside of hardcore Zeppelin/Yardbirds fans I don't think most people think Jimmy Page and telecaster.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

There are two new Classic Vibe Mustangs. Same as the VM white and blue ones, except different woods and decent bridge. Seems the Vintage Modified range is discontinued.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

They've got different pickups (Fender as opposed to Duncan Designed) and frets (narrow tall instead of medium jumbo) too.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I’m still digging the Meteora, especially now it’s not £3k.
Golden-Stang

Post by Golden-Stang »

Update about Squier:
In the last few days, many videos of NAMM show have popped up on the Tube. Here we have two videos from the european giants of musical instruments' market, MusicStore.de/ and Thomann.de/ .
In the first video from MusicStore, the Fender Staff Member clearly says that the Vintage Modified series has been discontinued but they have implemented some models in the Classic Vibe series, offering now two standards: a more vintage specs lines of guitars (Classic Vibe) and a modern one (the Contemporary series). Colors and Pickup have got a refresh to be more similar to the Fender vintage guitars (they're advertising the Jaguar as fuck with its binding and block inlays). From minute 0:51 to 1:02 you can see the new bridge on the Mustang: it doesn't seem to have the adjustable screws for each saddle, being more like the old Mustang bridge but with modern radius.
In the second video, at minutes 1:15, you can see the new bridge on the Jaguar, without screws per saddle too.
If they are really different from the old bridges on the Vintage Modified models, I think that it could be a great improvement. But I can't justify to myself selling my VM Mustang for the new one just for the bridge. I hope in a spare parts market. Well, if the new CV Mustang plays good...

MusicStore:
[youtube][/youtube]

Thomann:
[youtube][/youtube]
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

They also Classic Vibed the teles with the fake 70s humbuckers.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts