EHX Bass Mono Synth

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

EHX Bass Mono Synth

Post by BearBoy »

EHX wrote:EHX unveils the Bass Mono Synth which transforms a bass guitar into 11 different bass synthesizers, from vintage synth emulations, to thick, stacked voices to deep pulsing sounds and more.

The Bass Mono Synth was designed to work on bass guitar without any modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation. Its intuitive layout makes it easy to use. The pedal’s DRY dial adjusts the dry bass volume at the Synth Output while SYNTH controls the volume of the synthesizer sound at the Synth Output. Used together they provide enhanced level mixing. The SENS control, short for sensitivity, adjusts how playing dynamics trigger the synthesizer and permits fine-tuning the pedal’s response to a player’s bass rig and playing style.

With the CTRL knob the bassist can adjust a key parameter for each of the 11 synth types. It varies depending on the preset and provides extra “tweakability.� There is also an EXP input that lets the player control an entirely different parameter in real-time with an expression pedal.

EHX Founder, Mike Matthews, stated: “From lush, warm sounds to sharp, percussive stabs, the Bass Mono Synth puts a collection of cool bass synths at your fingertips.�

The Bass Mono Synth comes equipped with an EHX 9.6DC-200mA power supply and is available now at authorized EHX dealers.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

[youtube][/youtube]
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

so???

make your bass sound like a casio with lag ?

and charge more than a casio

cool.
dots wrote:incesticide
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I somehow knew when I logged in this morning that rob would nut his briefs for the Dookie pedal while complaining about how he can't imagine a use for this fucken depesh moad thing.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

:lol:
robroe wrote:so???

make your bass sound like a casio with lag ?

and charge more than a casio

cool.
You've obviously never messed with a MIDI pickup or similar; it is THE most fun.

But probably a bit much for someone that finds capos too spicy
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

paul_ wrote:I somehow knew when I logged in this morning that rob would nut his briefs for the Dookie pedal while complaining about how he can't imagine a use for this fucken depesh moad thing.
to your credit, i deleted my dookie post after reading it the next morning.

i was like what the fuck was i drinking when i posted that?

so yeah. they both are stupid
dots wrote:incesticide
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I didn't think it sounded good when he was doing that drum and bass stuff.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

robroe wrote:
paul_ wrote:I somehow knew when I logged in this morning that rob would nut his briefs for the Dookie pedal while complaining about how he can't imagine a use for this fucken depesh moad thing.
so yeah. they both are stupid
says the guy who terrorised his wife with the EHX Voicebox for many a too-long 'gear demo' video
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

I’d like to test one, but don’t think I particularly have use for it.
It’s hard to say how much is accurate versus editing, but it looks like the signal latency is pretty low in the demo - watching finger attack versus audio swell it seems pretty much instant... which is in line with the whatever-9 series of pedals. If that’s the case, it may be one of the easier to use bass synth pedals out.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I've been eyeing-up synthboi by Meris, the ENZO, for a few weeks now, it looks utterly SICK and is more of a real synth than this. On paper, I wanted the Mel9 from EHX's 9 series, but the lack of tweakabllity made it too gimmicky to consider.

The Enzo might be 3 times the price of the EHXeseses, but flexible in ways my tiny mortal brain can barely conceive

[youtube][/youtube]

Arpeggiator? Polyphonic and monophonic? Built-in compressor, delay, filters, mix control, EXP pedal input? Clean pitchshifting? 3 different waveforms? OOFT

Will likely pick one up after payday and just fall into its arms forever like a lotus-eater
((front))
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Doog wrote:Will likely pick one up after payday
good call, past Doog
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I spent ages trying to get my guitar to sound like a synth with normal pedals (various fuzzes/drives approximate wave-shape, then pitch shifters, then eq and wah, then close to completely wet reverb to change the envelope, then modulation and delay. More or less gets there).

When this sort of pedal started coming out, I was so excited, particularly the EHX HOG (which I still want). Then I got things like the Line 6 M5 and I started getting more into guitar going through a laptop, playing with Amplitube and Ableton.

I think part of the reason I got excited by this sort of thing originally was how impossible it was and how powerful it felt to try to make any sound imaginable with the guitar and to try to control the entire sensation of sound using something as basic as a stick with strings on.

The fact that these pedals are more common now sort of makes me feel cold. That sounds snobby or like I'm complaining that it's now too easy to make weird noises, but it makes me wonder if part of my original attraction to this sort of thing was the challenge of doing it. I always loved Tom Morello's playing because he had a fairly basic set up and would then celebrate the small accidents and discoveries that he found and turn them into technique.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Bacchus wrote:I spent ages trying to get my guitar to sound like a synth with normal pedals (various fuzzes/drives approximate wave-shape, then pitch shifters, then eq and wah, then close to completely wet reverb to change the envelope, then modulation and delay. More or less gets there).

When this sort of pedal started coming out, I was so excited, particularly the EHX HOG (which I still want). Then I got things like the Line 6 M5 and I started getting more into guitar going through a laptop, playing with Amplitube and Ableton.

I think part of the reason I got excited by this sort of thing originally was how impossible it was and how powerful it felt to try to make any sound imaginable with the guitar and to try to control the entire sensation of sound using something as basic as a stick with strings on.

The fact that these pedals are more common now sort of makes me feel cold. That sounds snobby or like I'm complaining that it's now too easy to make weird noises, but it makes me wonder if part of my original attraction to this sort of thing was the challenge of doing it. I always loved Tom Morello's playing because he had a fairly basic set up and would then celebrate the small accidents and discoveries that he found and turn them into technique.
What you're saying is..

You liked it before it was cool.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Bacchus wrote:I spent ages trying to get my guitar to sound like a synth with normal pedals (various fuzzes/drives approximate wave-shape, then pitch shifters, then eq and wah, then close to completely wet reverb to change the envelope, then modulation and delay. More or less gets there).

I getcha; it kinda removes the alchemy of the whole dealio with pedals and that. I could likely get 50% of the sounds with my M9, but, the wonky monophonic synth patches aside, it's just manipulating the guitar's sound.

The pitch detection stuff is getting SO good (without MIDI pickups which I also love ), and I just consider it a new voice, a new input that one can also plump into daft FX pedals.

Also, shiny toys.