RedSub SFS (another Jaguar Bass bootleg)

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Golden-Stang

RedSub SFS (another Jaguar Bass bootleg)

Post by Golden-Stang »

Shortscale (there's a long scale version too in sunburst and black), it comes in surfgreen and black finishes, sold by Gear4Music. Have you ever seen/tried it? Any thought?
[youtube][/youtube]
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

ABJB- Another Bootleg Jaguar Bass
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

HEY GUYS, BILLY MAYS HERE; DO YOU LIKE THE SOUND OF JAZZ BASSES BUT WISH THEY DIDN'T LOOK OR FEEL AS GOOD?
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
NickS

Post by NickS »

I've never tried a G4M own-brand guitar or bass. I know Red Sub is their brand for bass gear and have looked at their cabs and combos but nothing but looked.
NickS

Post by NickS »

http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1243602
TL:DR; othomas2 says g4m guitars are junk, NickD says they can be ok but inconsistent.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Bass player in my band has a G4M p-bass knocking around somewhere. He doesn't use it in the band, but I can remember borrowing it a couple of times a few years ago and not having any major issues. It played/sounded fine, my only real concern was that the string alignment was a little off-centre so the G was virtually on the edge of the fretboard. I suspect it's just a quality control thing, and it might have improved in the past few years.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

paul_ wrote:HEY GUYS, BILLY MAYS HERE; DO YOU LIKE THE SOUND OF JAZZ BASSES BUT WISH THEY DIDN'T LOOK OR FEEL AS GOOD?
:lol:

Nice colour but ... with tort? gag
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

MARK'S GOT A KRAKEN ONE

dots wrote:incesticide
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

he did a whole podcast with the fender dude who made it. pretty interesting nerd shit in here
http://www.himynameismark.com/blogs/bl ... ll-me-crum
dots wrote:incesticide