Tuners that fit 1994 MIM Duo Sonic

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

rbh32

Tuners that fit 1994 MIM Duo Sonic

Post by rbh32 »

Was just wondering if anyone knew the specs for the posts mostly so I won’t have to re-drill. I can handle drilling for the small screws, just don’t want to open up the post holes if I don’t have to.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

They're vintage sized tuners with 7.5mm pegholes but not as Kluson imitation-y as the Gotoh/Ping tuners used on vintage reissue Fenders nowadays.
Vintage style Klusons should fit the 7.5mm holes (and will be easy to find), but then they'll have the split post/capstan hole design. Modern tuners are 10mm and would require reaming/drilling.

What you have (7.5mm pegholes):

The replacement solution I'm talking about (7.5mm pegholes):

Modern tuners (10mm pegholes):
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
rbh32

Post by rbh32 »

I just ordered a set of staggered Gotoh SD91s( I think that’s what they’re called) so we’ll see how it goes. Hopefully I won’t need to replace the bushings.
rbh32

Post by rbh32 »

I just ordered a set of staggered Gotoh SD91s( I think that’s what they’re called) so we’ll see how it goes. Hopefully I won’t need to replace the bushings.
rbh32

Post by rbh32 »

Got the SD-91s installed and I did have drill the post holes for the new bushings to fit. Everything about the old tuners were smaller diameter. It worked out though, and they hold tune much better now.