NGD: Squier Bullet Mustang Imperial Blue

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

NGD: Squier Bullet Mustang Imperial Blue

Post by kingkiller »

I really didn’t need another guitar but Saturday is my birthday and I don’t own a shortscale.
As robroe put it in the Alstang thread (I think) the neck is definitely “white as fuck� but I don’t mind it. The blue matches my Tele, all it needs is a black-white-black pickguard and an eventual pickup swap and it’ll be perfect.
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

They're great guitars for the money. The pickups aren't great, but I'd recommend swapping the pots for 500k before you try anything else. I'm still gonna upgrade mine to a pair of Seymour Duncans (with a coil split toggle hopefully), but changing the pots from the 250k stock helps retain some of the top end and makes it much more usable.

Other than that, there's not much I don't like about it. A perfect beginner's instrument, or "second" backup.
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

Concretebadger wrote:They're great guitars for the money. The pickups aren't great, but I'd recommend swapping the pots for 500k before you try anything else. I'm still gonna upgrade mine to a pair of Seymour Duncans (with a coil split toggle hopefully), but changing the pots from the 250k stock helps retain some of the top end and makes it much more usable.

Other than that, there's not much I don't like about it. A perfect beginner's instrument, or "second" backup.
My rationale was “I don’t have a shortscale, it’s cheap, and I can beat the ever-loving shit out of it without having to worry�. I played it for about 30 minutes in the store, and I didn’t hate the sound. Definitely sounds like cheap ceramic magnets, but then again that’s what I expected
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)