return of the MIDGE

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Darth Stang

return of the MIDGE

Post by Darth Stang »

Is Fender Japan still making das Mustang? It would appear so.

Darth Stang

Post by Darth Stang »

jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

They should never stop making Mustangs in Japan, it would be wrong. It's an important part of the history of that model.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Dillon

Post by Dillon »

I don't think they ever did stop. They're just not exporting them (or any other MIJ models).

http://shop.fender.com/ja-JP/electric- ... n-mustang/

That blue one is ugly IMO. Looks like a cheap knockoff. I like the green one but a pre-shrunk pickguard on a brand new guitar looks so wrong.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

They have some at Thomann.

blue

red

The CAR one wasn't even on the Japanese site.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

jcyphe wrote:They should never stop making Mustangs in Japan, it would be wrong. It's an important part of the history of that model.
I've always thought that for everything Fender. Like, there's the custom shop in USA where you can get any configuration, well made, for a huge fee. And there's Fender Japan, who are probably making every configuration anyway, well made, for a bargain.