Audition Zenon with gold foils

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

cur

Audition Zenon with gold foils

Post by cur »

So I picked this up for cheap al my local favorite guitar store. Then know I like old Japanese guitars. So they said, we just got this in, you want it? They said the gold foils work. So of course I got it. Needs neck binding and missing a couple tuner ferrules (if anyone has onr know a source for the old teisco cream cored plastic ones, let me know). Need a couple vintage cream knobs too. I may make a nice body for it and reuse all the other parts of the guitar like I did with my mahogany body teisco I did a while back. I made a thicker body with tummy and forearm cutouts.

You can really see the difference in the thickness of the bodies. The neck pocket is maybe 1/2 inch deep.

Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Love it, check that scratchplate!
cur

Post by cur »

Usually, overtime, they shrink a bit and it causes one of the screws to break the it.

jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Those pickups can be really good or really bad.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

I like it as it is, though looking at that action I assume it's not very playable right now. Will look forward to seeing the progress
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
MattK

Post by MattK »

My god, why would you want to change that incredibly cool body? Fix the action, rebind the neck and play it as it was meant to be played!
paul_

Re: Audition Zenon with gold foils

Post by paul_ »

cur wrote: missing a couple tuner ferrules (if anyone has onr know a source for the old teisco cream cored plastic ones, let me know).
I bought these because I needed one for my Kent Polaris

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-6-Vinta ... Sw8-tWVdrE

They weren't the same as mine (slightly larger diameter, there's no collar that goes into the peghole and the different material has it coming out a different colour) but once the one was installed it looked legit enough for me. You could always slap all 6 of them on. They're essentially domed plastic washers though, nothing fancy.

Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"