Bullet Mustang bridge string spacing?

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

paulnb57

Bullet Mustang bridge string spacing?

Post by paulnb57 »

Could someone with one of the new Bullet Mustangs measure the distance E to e at the bridge please, I have one on the mail and would like to sort a replacement bridge....

Many thanks!
Cover me in Chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

Oooh...more Mustang HH mods! What are you planning on getting for it?

At the bridge, the top and bottom E strings are 52.5mm (or 2 1/16 inches in old money) apart.

The bridge itself has five mounting screws: two on the pickup side (easily visible) and three more on the tail end hidden underneath the saddles.

Don't be surprised if you try out the guitar and decide not to bother swapping the bridge after all though. It's pretty solid and fit-for-purpose tbh.
paulnb57

Post by paulnb57 »

Well, I'm thinking Tele half bridge, which is about 1.5mm wider string spacing and the footprint should cover the existing holes, I have a Duncan JB and Jazz that I might use but I also have a Creamery (UK pickup maker) Strat size neck P90, at the moment I'm leaning towards a bucker at the bridge and the P90 at the neck.
I'm waiting for an ebay seller to return from holiday to sort out a custom scratchplate in dark blue tort......
I have a set of locking tuners in the parts box, so they will get recycled too......along with a pair of Schaller straplocks.....
While its apart I will probably rewire with CTS mini pots and a better quality switch......
Thats the plan......ish.....
Oh, and thanks for confirming the string spacing!
Cover me in Chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

Sounds like a very cool project. I'd be interested to hear how the pickups work together!

I ordered a pair of 500k Alpha mini pots to replace the stock 250k, but the control plate appears to be drilled for larger bushings. You could probably fit standard CTS pots without having to drill or file the holes. *shrugs* It's too late for me now, but it might be useful for you to know. I suspect that 250k would leak too much treble to ground with a P90, unless you want it sounding deliberately dark.