Celebrity Pre-CBS 1964 Jaguar

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

oldcanuck

Post by oldcanuck »

robroe wrote:call house of guitars in Rochester NY dudes will shit thier pants

http://www.instagram.com/houseofguitars/
Sorry I'm too old for social media.... like I have always said...... ' I have all the friend I need '.

If you know them, steer them over to the post, and I thank you.

BG
oldcanuck

Post by oldcanuck »

I have now listed this pre-CBS Jaguar in the Classified section.

GIDDEYUP !
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I think you listed it way too low, but the problem is most people on here are into cheap guitars, and are not into that music as much.

The telecaster forum would be a better bet, and even offsetguitars.com, because a lot of people are there and many are into expensive stuff.

At this price though, someone will probably buy it to resell it.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
oldcanuck

Post by oldcanuck »

Fakir Mustache wrote:I think you listed it way too low, but the problem is most people on here are into cheap guitars, and are not into that music as much.

The telecaster forum would be a better bet, and even offsetguitars.com, because a lot of people are there and many are into expensive stuff.

At this price though, someone will probably buy it to resell it.

'I priced it too low'......You don't hear that very much anymore !
Darth Stang

Post by Darth Stang »

Date Condition Asking Final
2/28/2017 Good $2,500 $2,200
2/27/2017 Good $2,900 $2,300
1/2/2017 Very Good $3,400 $3,200
12/29/2016 Good $3,399 $3,000
12/13/2016 Excellent $2,999 $2,999
11/13/2016 Very Good $2,999 $2,300
9/30/2016 Good $2,625 $2,000
9/27/2016 Very Good $4,195 $4,000
6/22/2016 Fair $2,499 $2,499
6/13/2016 Good $2,595 $2,500

Nah, its priced within the normal. a sunburst 1964 jaguar is commonly acquired. Its not that it isn't nice, it is very nice, but the market if stuffed full of sunburst jaguars at the moment.
oldcanuck

Post by oldcanuck »

I have been aske to post detailed pictures of the Body Guard and contents of the case pockets containing Bob's accessories and case candy.

Here they are;

SAVEStheDAY

Post by SAVEStheDAY »

Very cool stuff!!!!!!
Darth Stang

Post by Darth Stang »

you should split up the case and the case candy, a rabid case candy collector will pay a pretty penny for those individual items.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

i didn't even know fender made those body guards. that's actually pretty lame i think, but still a cool item to have from a collector's standpoint.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Damn this seems like a fantastic deal for anyone even sort of in the market or investor....these can't stay this cheap forever.
Darth Stang

Post by Darth Stang »

actually, there is a school of thought that vintage fender guitars will either hold or slightly decline over time in value, they won't suddenly loose heaps of value, but there will be increasing numbers of them on the market in the next 10 years with fewer buyers.

Even in this example, the celebrity would have bough this jaguar in the late 60's or early 70's for whatever it was priced at then. Then the celebrity owner passes approximately 1981, that Jaguar wouldn't have been worth much then, a few hundred bucks at the most. the current owner picked it up in 2000 for whatever he bought it for, I couldn't even guess maybe 3K. and now 17 years later to flip. its a hell of a long time to hold.
oldcanuck

Post by oldcanuck »

Bob Morris was sponsored by Fender..... all of his gear was supplied directly from the Factory as part of his sponsorship deal.

That's why anytime you saw Bob Morris on TV, on the stage, in a photo..... he has some type of Fender in his hands.

If you you Tube the Buck Owens Show episode #42, you will see Bob playing what looks to be a Fender Palomino... in fact every one on the show was sponsored by Fender including Buck. Bob Morris and his wife Fat Hardin guest star on this episode. Buck talks a little about Bob's talent and involvement with his recordings over the years. You also get to hear the theme instrumental 'Buckaroo' at the beginning of the show, written by Bob Morris.
oldcanuck

Post by oldcanuck »

Nick wrote:Damn this seems like a fantastic deal for anyone even sort of in the market or investor....these can't stay this cheap forever.
I kinda agree with what you are thinking...... its a deal for some one.
oldcanuck

Post by oldcanuck »

Here is the Buck Owens Show episode that I was referring to;

Darth Stang

Post by Darth Stang »

If you had that silver sparkle maple cap tele, you'd be looking at 50 to 80 grand.

It is a cool video, but like a lot of this stuff it's generational. Talented guy, cool gear etc but time is passed. We are on a shortscale site and folks have lost interest in the kurtz, so folks who were interested in kitsch from 1967 aren't around so much. Probably like an earlier poster said try to offload it to gruhn, the dude is 106.
oldcanuck

Post by oldcanuck »

Here is the information regarding Bob Morris writing the theme song in 1965 which was a #1 hit for Buck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckaroo_(instrumental)

This '64 Jaguar could have been the guitar he used while writing this song ?
oldcanuck

Post by oldcanuck »

Darth Stang wrote:If you had that silver sparkle maple cap tele, you'd be looking at 50 to 80 grand.

It is a cool video, but like a lot of this stuff it's generational. Talented guy, cool gear etc but time is passed. We are on a shortscale site and folks have lost interest in the kurtz, so folks who were interested in kitsch from 1967 aren't around so much. Probably like an earlier poster said try to offload it to gruhn, the dude is 106.
It needs to go to a C & W Fender collector.... not a crusty old guitar dealer who is just interested in turning dollars.
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

Why don't you at least send George Gruhn an email with photos?Seems like a guitar he would be interested in.
oldcanuck

Post by oldcanuck »

Guys.... still listed in the Classified section of the Fourm.

While I will consider an offer, don't email me and try and tell me that a L prefix serial number was made in a foreign country to substantiate a low ball offer. Last nite was not my birthday. I am certainly being reasonable, so I would appreciate the same consideration.

Thanks,

Bob
Darth Stang

Post by Darth Stang »

you really should have it listed on reverb.

ultimately its a sunburst jag. you might get "lowballed" there too.