DNA Guitars...

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

speedfish

DNA Guitars...

Post by speedfish »

Found this company while noodling on Craigslist. Basically contoured Tele with alternate pickups and a recessed bridge.

http://dnaguitarcompany.com/

[youtube][/youtube]
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

that video was FUCKING USELESS

every thing in it was so fucking close up you have no idea what the guitar looks like as a whole.

nothing against you or anything for posting it but goddamn total shit
dots wrote:incesticide
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

jesus christ.

2000 dollars.

for a parts caster.

no.
dots wrote:incesticide
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

robroe wrote:that video was FUCKING USELESS

every thing in it was so fucking close up you have no idea what the guitar looks like as a whole.

nothing against you or anything for posting it but goddamn total shit
Agreed. You'd think that they would make video available from NAMM or at least have someone doing a decent show and tell. Here's another that I found, but no show and tell.

[youtube][/youtube]
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

speedfish

Post by speedfish »

robroe wrote:jesus christ.

2000 dollars.

for a parts caster.

no.

Too rich for my blood as well. Not trying to twist anyones arm here, but consider that an Elite will set you back ~$1800.00 and a Custom Shop is usually three grand and up. I'm not certain from their website, but it seems that they are pushing this as an "Option Ready" Custom Shop designed by the buyer at the point of purchase. But again a lot of buyers will see this as a parts caster because it lacks the Fender logo. I have to admit that I'm guilty of this train of thought myself, even so much as when I look at a G&L ASAT and they were created by the man himself.
Disciple of Pain

George

Post by George »

An Elite or CS has resale value and you're not buying blind either.
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

George wrote:An Elite or CS has resale value and you're not buying blind either.
Completely agree.
Disciple of Pain

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Some of their configurations are pretty cool.
Grant

Post by Grant »

speedfish wrote:
robroe wrote:jesus christ.

2000 dollars.

for a parts caster.

no.

Too rich for my blood as well. Not trying to twist anyones arm here, but consider that an Elite will set you back ~$1800.00 and a Custom Shop is usually three grand and up. I'm not certain from their website, but it seems that they are pushing this as an "Option Ready" Custom Shop designed by the buyer at the point of purchase. But again a lot of buyers will see this as a parts caster because it lacks the Fender logo. I have to admit that I'm guilty of this train of thought myself, even so much as when I look at a G&L ASAT and they were created by the man himself.
There's the ever-popular put-a-Fender-decal-on-it-to-pretend-it's-a-Fender move, which would also up the resale value.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Grant wrote:There's the ever-popular put-a-Fender-decal-on-it-to-pretend-it's-a-Fender move, which would also up the resale value.
lollollol
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Grant wrote:There's the ever-popular put-a-Fender-decal-on-it-to-pretend-it's-a-Fender move, which would also up the resale value.

I hate those shady bastards. Use to be one who posted on this site. He would block the necks, remove the Squier slide and re-brand them as Fenders. :x
Disciple of Pain

Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Totally gonna modd
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

nope. not even remotely interested. my main point. give me six saddles or get fuct. i don't want a compensated bridge. i want six damn saddles. sure it may work out well "enough" if you tune to standard, but what about someone like aen who tunes all sorts of crazy? it won't work, ever. period. end of discussion. and for 2 grand? eat shit.
the 335 copy i made years and years ago cost like 250 bucks just for wood and parts, i charged the guy 600 and a practice amp. but if i were to ever do it again i wouldn't charge more than 1200.00 and thats a fucking hand carved solid wood semi hollow. im not sure if you have ever gone head to head with a big ass piece of maple and an ibex plane, but its not easy, and its not fun. it takes a long godamn time.