Here's What's Inside a 2016 Duo Sonic

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

dots wrote:SLOTTED FOR LYPHE
QFT
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Hey Honey, you've played these and the CV Duos right? I love my CV Duo, it's like my 2nd fav guitar of all time. What are the differentiating factors, and in your opinion is the Fender "better"?
www.lowrisemusic.com

honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

gusman2x wrote:Hey Honey, you've played these and the CV Duos right? I love my CV Duo, it's like my 2nd fav guitar of all time. What are the differentiating factors, and in your opinion is the Fender "better"?
Ya. Other bandmate has a CV Duo. Even if you have to have slotted tuners (which are easy to retrofit btw), the Fender Duo is better, IMO. First of all, the tone of the CV Duo is strange to me, even though the problem is not with the pickups, which are actually nice. It never sounds right, even after putting different pickups in there. I wondered what was wrong with it before I realized the obvious: CV Duo doesn't have a bridge pickup. It has a pickup that is supposed to be the bridge pickup, but is actually quite far from the bridge. While you could get used to it and rely on it, I never could. I like guitars that have that super open sound when you have both pickups on but enough bite to get a overdrive pedal giving me some bite, and that, I never got with the CV Duo. I don't have that problem with the Fender.

The Fender has a much nicer neck, too, IMO. The finish on the CV Duo is so thick, glossy, and sticky to me. The Fender has more semi-gloss/satin finish in the back, but the maple models have gloss in the front. It's nicer to play for me.

Additionally, at the very least, you need a compensated bridge on the CV to get intonation. The Fender comes with a 6-saddle bridge. I just consider that superior.

Lastly, cosmetics. The Duo has never really been a guitar that turns heads when you enter the room. Somehow, Fender's fixed that completely. Some of these finishes are truly stunning. Capri Orange and Surf Pearl are especially stunning. CV Duo is always greeted with more of a "That's nice, I guess." And while I personally don't care, the CV Duo has a very white neck, the Fender version has a slightly darker one. I don't personally care, but I'm just pointing it out.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Thanks man, much appreciated. Now if they only did the ow with a rw board, then I think it 'd be on my way to a guitar shop.
www.lowrisemusic.com

honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

gusman2x wrote:Thanks man, much appreciated. Now if they only did the ow with a rw board, then I think it 'd be on my way to a guitar shop.
Keep your eye out! Maybe someone sells them as parts, or maybe you'll see two for cheap enough that you can swap between them and sell the remaining guitar.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

I just ordered a capri orange one from guitar center-- i played the HS one in the store and I almost bought it but I don't need any more humbuckers in my life and I prefer a maple fretboard anyway
George wrote:in the future there must be only guitars or only computers
theshadowofseattle wrote:TYPICAL AMERICAN BAND LIKE JAY Z, AXE BODY SPRAY, AND THE VENTURES.