Settup Floyd rose

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

stratocaster like bridge ??? its an strato tremolo
i dont see differences i need see backside box ...

i never played on Burns guitars , duo its dont came to brasil
Precise dwarf bravery
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

the mustang bridge has its problems i will admit that but it never took me almost an hour to change strings and set the intonation. never.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

iCEByTes wrote:stratocaster like bridge ??? its an strato tremolo

It operates more like a Floyd Rose. It rests on a fulcrum pivot along its entire length, allowing the entire bridge contact to the body. Without springs or strings, the bridge just falls out.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

ekwatts wrote:

It operates more like a Floyd Rose. It rests on a fulcrum pivot along its entire length, allowing the entire bridge contact to the body. Without springs or strings, the bridge just falls out.
??? no way i dont see fine tunners , i dont see lock nut and extra route to do gigantic tone bends
Precise dwarf bravery
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

iCEByTes wrote:
ekwatts wrote:

??? no way i dont see fine tunners , i dont see lock nut and extra route to do gigantic tone bends
It doesn't need any locking tuners or fine tuners. That shit is for fags. I can bend the trem arm right down to the body, and the guitar will remain completely in tune because it's set up properly.

Apart from the fulcrum, the rest of the bridge operate much like a strat trem, with the strings coming through a block at the back of the body.
The Future
Tag-Team Champion

Post by The Future »

Malik wrote:That's not a setup tip, that's how to change the strings. I had to figure that out first time I restrung my guitar. It sucks that my first ever guitar had a Floydy, and my first set of new strings had ball ends. Took me a while to figure out they needed cutting off and locked in, but I got it after a while. When it says "you may need to retune several times" it's not kidding. It ages to get the bridge balanced in the middle with perfect tune. Definitely more trouble than it's worth.
For real.
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

ekwatts wrote: It doesn't need any locking tuners or fine tuners. That shit is for fags. I can bend the trem arm right down to the body, and the guitar will remain completely in tune because it's set up properly.

Apart from the fulcrum, the rest of the bridge operate much like a strat trem, with the strings coming through a block at the back of the body.

and thats why you are ignorant coz dont understaind how floyd rose works in real , so its an Stratocaster Sistem and nothen more

see Warmoth Stratocaster Project , using Schaller Roller Tremolo Bridge
http://www.crazydog.co.uk/warmoth_fende ... uitar.html

I Stick Gotoh or Schaller roller Strat Systems wich have better saddles ,roller its better than Solid Saddle , less risk string break

Gotoh Maded Wilkson V-100 on my White Beauty ! , no not an floyd :)

but floyd rose are cooler too
Fine tunners are awsome feature
i like strat tremolo's and i like floyd they are different systems
Precise dwarf bravery
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

floyd roses are ftl.
light rail coyote

Post by light rail coyote »

why is the neck go so far back on the body on that thing. That kills the only positive side of a flying v. A real one like this has the neck end almost right where the body begins, so you con go high up the neck with no body in the way. BOO Icey V
Fuzz monkeys are generally fed the most bananas
BYOB Kenobi

Post by BYOB Kenobi »

light rail coyote wrote:Image
why is the neck go so far back on the body on that thing. That kills the only positive side of a flying v. A real one like this has the neck end almost right where the body begins, so you con go high up the neck with no body in the way. BOO Icey V
i never noticed that before. yeah, those frets all the way up there (that you dont even need) are positioned wrong. Image
R.A.M.O.N.E.S
mumblyjoe

Post by mumblyjoe »

Floyd Roses and Kahlers and all those overdone bridge are for anal metal wankers who want their pinched harmonics to sound fancy, because they can. And because they like the cock.

Plus they take too much time to setup and they really fuck you over when you break a string, say goodbye to that live set, jam session or recording.
luke

Post by luke »

iCEByTes wrote:
ekwatts wrote: It doesn't need any locking tuners or fine tuners. That shit is for fags. I can bend the trem arm right down to the body, and the guitar will remain completely in tune because it's set up properly.

and thats why you are ignorant coz dont understaind how floyd rose works in real , so its an Stratocaster Sistem and nothen more
Icey my friend, just because you've read sites on it, does not mean you know how they work. I have one, and again, here is my proof:

[/QUOTE]but floyd rose are cooler too
Fine tunners are awsome feature
i like strat tremolo's and i like floyd they are different systems[/quote]

Fine tuners are a clever feature, but they're still impractical. Fine tuning a particular string is finely tuning the others out of tone. Like I said, those things are way too sensitive. They require way too much time to correctly set-up, and you can't tune them unless you have an allen key with you to unscrew the nut. I would never gig with one of them, simply because you'd need a backup, and you'd need to use the backup before you began.

Strat trems work better, simply because they're not so damn sensitive.

Also, your fake gold hardware looks disgusting.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

iCEByTes wrote:

see Warmoth Stratocaster Project , using Schaller Roller Tremolo Bridge
http://www.crazydog.co.uk/warmoth_fende ... uitar.html

I Stick Gotoh or Schaller roller Strat Systems wich have better saddles ,roller its better than Solid Saddle , less risk string break
No, you're the ignorant one because you're refusing to listen. My trem system can do just as much as a Floyd Rose, but does NOT take 30 minutes to restring, and does not NEED the fine tuners because the guitar is already extremely well-made and set up. If I get the chance, I'll make sound clips of just how extreme the trem can be.

Regular strat bridges are screwed into the body. Trying to do a divebomb on a strat trem would probably snap the thing off the body (seriously, I couldn't understand why any gay fucker would try one anyway, but that's obviously besides the point with you), whereas my trem can slacken the strings all the way without any damage.

My bridge is alot like the one you posted: Image[/quote]

But the contact runs all the way along the length of the bridge, providing far better contact with the body, improving sustain, something you're a bit of an obsessive freak about. So my bridge is actually better that the bridge you posted.

Furthermore, as I've said before, I own a guitar with a floyd rose, and have done for the last 6 years. It was my second guitar, and I can assure you, moron, that I understand the trem system much better than you.

plsthxbye
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

BYOB Kenobi wrote:
light rail coyote wrote:Image
i never noticed that before. yeah, those frets all the way up there (that you dont even need) are positioned wrong. Image

Based on first rhoads First jackson one

and its easy to play last frets also
Precise dwarf bravery
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

ekwatts wrote: No, you're the ignorant one because you're refusing to listen. My trem system can do just as much as a Floyd Rose, but does NOT take 30 minutes to restring, and does not NEED the fine tuners because the guitar is already extremely well-made and set up. If I get the chance, I'll make sound clips of just how extreme the trem can be.

Regular strat bridges are screwed into the body. Trying to do a divebomb on a strat trem would probably snap the thing off the body (seriously, I couldn't understand why any gay fucker would try one anyway, but that's obviously besides the point with you), whereas my trem can slacken the strings all the way without any damage.

My bridge is alot like the one you posted:
But the contact runs all the way along the length of the bridge, providing far better contact with the body, improving sustain, something you're a bit of an obsessive freak about. So my bridge is actually better that the bridge you posted.

Furthermore, as I've said before, I own a guitar with a floyd rose, and have done for the last 6 years. It was my second guitar, and I can assure you, moron, that I understand the trem system much better than you.

plsthxbye

thats why you dont understaid , floyd are cooler have risk broke strings hard to change strings , i dont care i already have 2 different types tremolos , now i want have one floyd , next will be hardtail

so you got an floyd ??? what floyd rose ? , Genericals dont stay easy in tune

have different pickups , tremolos are cool thing

thats why i think have 3 of samme guitar is riduculous , i like have different types on my colection , maybe Lespaul next time

about sustain to to minimize lost it its an Neck thuru and have 16o angle neck :) , any tremolo have sustain lost
Precise dwarf bravery
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

You just can't stop spouting this bullshit, can you? A licensed Floyd Rose is almost exactly the same as a full Floyd Rose. How can one piece of exact machinery have dodgier tuning than another? The tuning depends on your setup. My Floyd Rose-equipped guitar stays perfectly in tune, but takes 30 minutes to change a single string. My Batwing can do anything a Floyd Rose can do, still without going wildly out of tune, and without breaking any strings. So what the fuck is your point? You're talking other peoples statistics out of your hairy fucking arse, and you don't have a fucking clue what they mean. You just accept a so-called experts advice over those of guitarists who have generally been playing ten times longer than you and have had far more experience with the bullshit you keep chatting.

You're ignorant, and you're stupid.
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

ekwatts wrote:You just can't stop spouting this bullshit, can you? A licensed Floyd Rose is almost exactly the same as a full Floyd Rose. How can one piece of exact machinery have dodgier tuning than another? The tuning depends on your setup. My Floyd Rose-equipped guitar stays perfectly in tune, but takes 30 minutes to change a single string. My Batwing can do anything a Floyd Rose can do, still without going wildly out of tune, and without breaking any strings. So what the fuck is your point? You're talking other peoples statistics out of your hairy fucking arse, and you don't have a fucking clue what they mean. You just accept a so-called experts advice over those of guitarists who have generally been playing ten times longer than you and have had far more experience with the bullshit you keep chatting.

hahahahahah so you have an floyd
man hate floyds got an one :D

30mins of fun

i change strings 30 in 30 days , 30 mins is nothen :)
strings break somme times happens , you cant deny

what i talking Floyd can Be different

if you see an Original Floyd and See an Ibanez Edge pro you gonna see Lot's of differences , schaller's licenced and Gotoh GE1996-T are different too :)

keep on , Hatter
Precise dwarf bravery
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

iCEByTes wrote:
ekwatts wrote:You just can't stop spouting this bullshit, can you? A licensed Floyd Rose is almost exactly the same as a full Floyd Rose. How can one piece of exact machinery have dodgier tuning than another? The tuning depends on your setup. My Floyd Rose-equipped guitar stays perfectly in tune, but takes 30 minutes to change a single string. My Batwing can do anything a Floyd Rose can do, still without going wildly out of tune, and without breaking any strings. So what the fuck is your point? You're talking other peoples statistics out of your hairy fucking arse, and you don't have a fucking clue what they mean. You just accept a so-called experts advice over those of guitarists who have generally been playing ten times longer than you and have had far more experience with the bullshit you keep chatting.

hahahahahah so you have an floyd
man hate floyds got an one :D

30mins of fun

i change strings 30 in 30 days , 30 mins is nothen :)
strings break somme times happens , you cant deny

what i talking Floyd can Be different

if you see an Original Floyd and See an Ibanez Edge pro you gonna see Lot's of differences , schaller's licenced and Gotoh GE1996-T are different too :)

keep on , Hatter
I hate Floyd Roses because I bought one after only a year of playing, I had no idea how much pain and effort it would be. Sound familiar? I'm not just randomly hating on everything you say or do, but you seem absolutely determined to ignore the advice of people that have made exactly the same mistakes as you're making.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

well thats the thing boys and girls, some mistakes you gotta make on your own. a kid will only not put his hand in the fire once he actually burns himself doing it, no matter how much hes told it will burn him. ya dig?
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Hurb wrote:well thats the thing boys and girls, some mistakes you gotta make on your own. a kid will only not put his hand in the fire once he actually burns himself doing it, no matter how much hes told it will burn him. ya dig?
Agreed, let him put a stupid Floyd Rose on there and then when he realizes that he hates it and comes back here asking for advice or talking about how much he hates it, we can all laugh at him!