Korg Monologue

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

Korg Monologue

Post by BearBoy »

Korg have just announced a new synth. Looks like a monophonic version of the Minilogue:

Available in a variety of colours:

Video:

[youtube][/youtube]
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Blurb:
Next-generation monophonic analog synthesizer in a vivid five-color lineup.

Fully programmable, analog synthesis for all players; monologue is the next-generation monophonic synthesizer that shares the spirit of the acclaimed minilogue, with a completely new voice and powerful new features.

The monologue is a 25-key, fully programmable monophonic analog synthesizer with a voice all its own. While sharing its sleek layout, knob-per-function workflow and high-quality construction with the best-selling minilogue, monologue is a truly unique new synth for all types of musicians; featuring new voicing and sound sculpting abilities – at an amazing price. The monologue's completely new filter, modulation, drive, and LFO can generate powerful basses and sharp leads, creating awesome mono sounds that showcase its single-voice design. The step sequencer has also been dramatically expanded, allowing more intuitive and more complex editing. With a lineup that gives you a choice of five eye-catching colors, this compact instrument has a strong personality to match your own.
LANK
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Everyone loved the Minilogue because it was an all analogue, 3 octave Poly synth. Its only downside was that it had those smaller keys, only 4 voices and Korg cant make enough of them to stock stores (there's a queue for them in every store).

Releasing a mono version seems really redundant. Looks nice tho.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

The sequencer and 100 save locations is a good addition to the monosynth market. How this does is going to depend on price more than anything. With them already having the MS-20 on the market I'm not sure why this product exists.

Of course if it comes out at the £300ish price range it'll be a good buy.m If it's the same price as the Minilogue then you're better to stick another £150 to the price and buy a Moog.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

It's going to be $299 apparently.

Not sure how that would translate to GBP given the current exchange rates. Maybe £300 ish?
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

does it have those stupid tiny keys? just gtf with that, they're shit!
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I hate the way the keys stick out at the top and on the front of the keys. Fucking stupid design. Especially with the shitty skinny keys.
lorez

Post by lorez »

Apparently aphex twin has been involved with this. When I first saw it I thought it needs to go some to stand out and if the price is less than 300 then that might help.
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

The price makes it an easy buy to try item. You could spend that on a couple of nights out.