Autographed Duo-Sonic Antiques Roadshow

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Autographed Duo-Sonic Antiques Roadshow

Post by westtexasred »

[youtube][/youtube]
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I would think that appraisal is kind of low really, there's signatures even on the side of the body and the back of the neck.

The back and forearm cuts are not original though.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

That is very cool. Abojt the value I'm sure he didn't go out of his way to meet all those legends for a $6,000/$8,000 payout. I also think it would probably sell for more. I don't know too much about autographs, but I would think they're worth more once a person dies - I know they mentioned Johnny Cash but there's probably a handful of other names on it who have passed since that 2001 appraisal.
George

Post by George »

it would definitely be worth more than $8k to some people. it's just about getting the right people at the right auction.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Nick wrote:That is very cool. Abojt the value I'm sure he didn't go out of his way to meet all those legends for a $6,000/$8,000 payout. I also think it would probably sell for more. I don't know too much about autographs, but I would think they're worth more once a person dies - I know they mentioned Johnny Cash but there's probably a handful of other names on it who have passed since that 2001 appraisal.
Johnny Winter, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Timothy Leary, Dizzy Gillespie, John Denver (some died before though)
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Doug

Autograph collectors, maybe

Post by Doug »

George wrote:it would definitely be worth more than $8k to some people. it's just about getting the right people at the right auction.
George, I believe you nailed it. Vintage value is destroyed. The potential value is there may be the odd collector who's willing to pay for the autograph collection on a vintage Duo Sonic...it would be a rare bird that would pay $6k USD, I'm afraid.
Doug
oldcanuck

Post by oldcanuck »

For what ever reason, I have never seen any signed guitar hit a 'home run' sort of speak.....
Darth Stang

Post by Darth Stang »

The autograph market is practically dead, people chase selfies with their fav celebs for social media validation.
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Routed for humbucker, mad hippy carvings. Would not rock.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Bacchus wrote:Routed for humbucker, mad hippy carvings. Would not rock.
People did crazy shit in the '70s
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"