changing strings

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

how often do you change your strings?

everytime i play
No votes
every week
2%
every two weeks
6%
every three weeks
6%
once a month
17%
it's been a while
25%
who changes strings? that's for wusses!
6%
whenever I notice that they are going flat
38%

Total votes: 48
Blazin420ChronicSkunk

Post by Blazin420ChronicSkunk »

That only happens to you. Dean Markley are crap and sound dead from day one.
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

Blazin420ChronicSkunk wrote:That only happens to you. Dean Markley are crap and sound dead from day one.
better you check dean markley players first and stop talk shit
dean markley are famour per be grunger strings and metal strings also

self kurt cobain used 0.10 dean markley :)

me and tons users like more 0.10 dean
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=101014

than 0.10 da`ario
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=104349

after check ernie ball's , gibson strings , daarios , rotomatics , nig , gianninis and fender strings

i stick ghs and dean markleys , ernie ball earthwood at steel strings and Hannabah and Savarez at nylon strings
Last edited by iCEByTes on Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Precise dwarf bravery
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

I don't care who used Dean Markleys, because when I played them for myself instead of going for retarded idol worship, they sounded like shit.
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

theshadowofseattle wrote:I don't care who used Dean Markleys, because when I played them for myself instead of going for retarded idol worship, they sounded like shit.
only for you for me , my moth strings still intact and no rust and they still sounding good's
Precise dwarf bravery
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

I voted "It's been awhile" because it's been a couple of rough months and I haven't had the disposable cash to buy strings lately, but I PREFER to just change them when they start to rust. Which is about once every month or so.

I used to HATE the sound of new strings when I used Ernie Balls, but I switched recently to D'Addarios and I love the way they sound new. And Martin acoustic strings too. So I've been changing them more often than I used to.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

I have a set of Dean Markley's on my MIA strat right now, just because someone gave them to me for my birthday last year. They have sounded dead since the moment I put them on! They definitely never sounded like new strings should. I will never buy a set of them. And seriously Icey, just because a guitarist that you like used certain strings or tuners doesn't mean that they're better than everything else.
Blazin420ChronicSkunk

Post by Blazin420ChronicSkunk »

iCEByTes wrote:better you check dean markley players first and stop talk shit
dean markley are famour per be grunger strings and metal strings also
Yeah, because grunge and metal guys tend to have good tone... :roll:
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

iCEByTes wrote:
theshadowofseattle wrote:I don't care who used Dean Markleys, because when I played them for myself instead of going for retarded idol worship, they sounded like shit.
only for you for me , my moth strings still intact and no rust and they still sounding good's
Moth strings? What are they?
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

ekwatts wrote:
iCEByTes wrote: only for you for me , my moth strings still intact and no rust and they still sounding good's
they're like moth balls, they stay fresh when your guitar is in the closet.

i haven't changed any strings in awhile, but i used to do it once every 2 weeks. my strat strings are soooo dead right now, and i've never had that on any of my guitars before. i'm thinking of just buying like, 6 sets and stringing up any axe i deem worthwhile for the sake of it.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

paul_ wrote:
ekwatts wrote:
iCEByTes wrote: only for you for me , my moth strings still intact and no rust and they still sounding good's
they're like moth balls, they stay fresh when your guitar is in the closet.
And smell like Grandmas.
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

Ernie Balls are dreadful strings, they're the only strings I've snapped, and had the G string, 0o-er, fray at the bottom, causing considerable confusion and immense frustration.
mumblyjoe

Post by mumblyjoe »

a.aaron wrote:i usually only change a string when it breaks, and i'll change the set when i have 4 or more different/random strings on there.
Same. I had a habit for a while of stealing off my other guitars first before I replaced all of them!
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I change the day before/day of a gig and then play them out in practises afterwards. We only try to have at least two weeks between gigs otherwise it wears out people's patience and you don't get a great turnout so it works out pretty well.

I buy in bulk, 10 packs of D'adds for ?24.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Mike wrote:I change the day before/day of a gig and then play them out in practises afterwards. We only try to have at least two weeks between gigs otherwise it wears out people's patience and you don't get a great turnout so it works out pretty well.

I buy in bulk, 10 packs of D'adds for ?24.
Yessssssss.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
element062

Post by element062 »

I change them once a week, sometimes once every two weeks. I play at least 2 hours a night though. More on the weekends when practicing with friends.
Cordero del dios.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Once a week? Christ.

Dude, try washing your hands before you play and wiping the strings down when you're done.
element062

Post by element062 »

I do, and I wipe the strings down as soon as I'm done playing. My basement has mad high moisture levels(I run a humidifier but still). Also, I am always trying to keep that new string sound. Lately I've used webstrings though for the past year, like 'em alot. Super cheap as well.
Cordero del dios.
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

element062 wrote:I do, and I wipe the strings down as soon as I'm done playing. My basement has mad high moisture levels(I run a humidifier but still). Also, I am always trying to keep that new string sound. Lately I've used webstrings though for the past year, like 'em alot. Super cheap as well.
try others strings :)
Precise dwarf bravery
element062

Post by element062 »

d'addario and webstrings sound better than other stuff though. I dig the sparkle they have when new. I should have clarified my statement though: I change the strings once or twice a fortnight cos the strings generally go flat or don't sound as nice in that period of time.
Cordero del dios.
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

element062 wrote:d'addario and webstrings sound better than other stuff though. I dig the sparkle they have when new. I should have clarified my statement though: I change the strings once or twice a fortnight cos the strings generally go flat or don't sound as nice in that period of time.
somme people like strings i dont like
i like strings somme people dont like

question is , why stay on one i dont like ? :)
Precise dwarf bravery