Dr J Sparrow (from the Bass player thread)

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

dezb1
The Oppressor

Dr J Sparrow (from the Bass player thread)

Post by dezb1 »

dezb1 wrote:Been doing a bit of internet research / trawling to see what kind of DI is in my cheap price bracket and found this:

[youtube][/youtube]

The demos / reviews seem quite good, might give it a try...

Well I gave it a try, arrived yesterday had a shot through the PA last night... Best £25 I've spent in a while, get's the bass tonez I need - just using the Harmonics knob after setting up the desired base sound gets loads of great usable sounds. I'm not a time served bass player but I highly recommend this thing.
Last edited by dezb1 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XY
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Good info to have. I'll watch the video now.

Edit* Very cool. Crazy good for £25.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Thomas wrote:Good info to have. I'll watch the video now.

Edit* Very cool. Crazy good for £25.
Coda-music have it for £25, seems to be about £50 everywhere else...

http://www.coda-music.com/sparrow-bass- ... 13742.html
XY
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

If it's still on offer at that price when I get paid next month I might invest in one.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Thanks for posting Dezb. I saw you mention this pedal in the other bass thread and was interested to see what you thought of it (been looking for something similar for home recording).

Just went to order it from Coda though and it seems to have disappeared from their website :(

Have e-mailed them to see if it's an internetz error or whether they don't have any more.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Looks like I got in just in the nick of time...
XY
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Just looked this up, musicians friend has em for $110....far cry from 25, even in L's. So, nice score!
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

BearBoy wrote:Thanks for posting Dezb. I saw you mention this pedal in the other bass thread and was interested to see what you thought of it (been looking for something similar for home recording).

Just went to order it from Coda though and it seems to have disappeared from their website :(

Have e-mailed them to see if it's an internetz error or whether they don't have any more.
Nextbigthink (seller) have them on eBay for £50 I offered 40 got a counter offer of 45, then I seen the coda price... I'd still have been happy had I paid the £45...
XY
Freethenoise

Post by Freethenoise »

I've been using a VST that's an emulation of a Sansamp for bass tones recently. It's been working pretty well so far but it'd be nice to have something that actually exists in the physical world.
I might have to pick one of these up.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Coda got back to me. They've sold out and are not planning to get any more in.

I suspect if I'd only ever seen it for £50 or whatever then I would just pick one up for that. Knowing they were available for £25 has turned me in to Scrooge though *arsecake*.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

BearBoy wrote:Coda got back to me. They've sold out and are not planning to get any more in.

I suspect if I'd only ever seen it for £50 or whatever then I would just pick one up for that. Knowing they were available for £25 has turned me in to Scrooge though *arsecake*.

I'd be the same... The other option I was considering was the behringer v-amp pro DV247 are punting them for £67.
XY
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Looks like you got in just in time!!