Ryan Jarman (The Cribs) Jagstang Thing

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

DasBeef

Ryan Jarman (The Cribs) Jagstang Thing

Post by DasBeef »

I'm taking a punt that it's a shortscale. He seems to have more than one. Anyone have any info?

Rox

Post by Rox »

And it's a Squier! :D
xHJYMx

Post by xHJYMx »

Pawn shop mustang body and Venus neck maybe? He has played both as live guitars, maybe he just combined the parts he liked best? Although the headstock looks different than a Venus. (this is of course under the assumption that it is a home made and not an unreleased actual Squire model)
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I was gonna say I wouldn't be surprised if it gets released as a signature if there's enough interest, though it might be too weird for mass market.

I really like it though.
YuriK

Post by YuriK »

Please be an unreleased squier. Looks awesome. I also just checked out the band. Do like.
Beau In Space wrote:I hear this guy uses a capo.
Josh wrote:THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU POUR WINE ON IT INSTEAD OF BEER.
euan wrote:stop trying to put guitar mojo arrows on yuri's dick
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

xHJYMx wrote:Pawn shop mustang body and Venus neck maybe? He has played both as live guitars, maybe he just combined the parts he liked best? Although the headstock looks different than a Venus. (this is of course under the assumption that it is a home made and not an unreleased actual Squire model)
Yeah, headstock's the wrong shape for a Venus. Also think there's too much room behind the trem for that to be a pawn shop Mustang body.

Like it though.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
xHJYMx

Post by xHJYMx »

The Jaguar trem says Fender, but the neck-plate says Squire and the back of the headstock looks like a signature model.

Re-post of the last one for extra zooooooom
Addam

Post by Addam »

I like it! Like the Jagstang it's a bit 'lets throw all the best bits of a guitar together and hope it turns out good'.
Not for everyone though. :lol:
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

It looks like a Jagstang done properly.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Back of headstock looks like a Squier, if you do a search you'll find similar text in pics, but it's cut to a 1964/1965 shape. Body is custom and looks like some of the stuff on here or the switch tip forum.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Saw it the other day. If it's an offical signature model, I'll totally buy one.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

If this is an official signature model I'm totally gonna buy one, do my hair into a bowl cut and then just stand in my living room holding it and shouting along to this whole album really enthusiastically.

[youtube][/youtube]
sholkham

Post by sholkham »

Could be a signature model, or maybe just a prototype thats never going to get released. Also this made me realise that the new fellas came out 10 years ago .
DasBeef

Post by DasBeef »

Asked for pics on twitter and he appears to have delivered.

The body to me looks like the front end of a Mustang and the back end of a Jaguar. Even the control plate looks more Jaguar.
Looks like a Jaguar neck pickup and some kind of 'bucker in the bridge.
I have no idea what the neck is. Definitely Squier.

If I could design my own guitar, it'd probably look exactly like that. (Maybe a colour change)

Saw these guys (again) in Glasgow last night. Amazing gig. Love this band.
Johno

Post by Johno »

Nice looking partsmaster or whatever it is, why all the switches though?
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I like it but can't help think the market is now saturated with all this kind of pawn shop/offset/frankenstein stuff.
Would rather Fender or Squier make a completely new model.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Or a Katana.
SherwoodJim

Post by SherwoodJim »

It's like a Musguar. The Burgundy Mist finish looks good too. If it's released as a Squier signature I'd pick one up for sure.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

You can see the Duncan Designed logo on the Jag pickup in some pics. The bridge seems to be of the type used on the VM offsets too. I'm leaning towards a prototype for a potential sig model.
What shortscale Squier came in burgundy mist? And if it's homebrewed, why fake the Squier logo? To say nothing of the lack of a model name on the decal.

It is funny how Fender can so rarely take a cue from anything resembling a current scene, it's like they reserve judgement til the following decade and go "ok, was this group any good or are we about to stand behind a modern day Starland Vocal Band as if they were super cool and kicked a lot of ass?"
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
NickD

Post by NickD »

Thomas wrote:It looks like a Jagstang done properly.
This.

Even more so when you see the two together.